PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Pokertracker database size on computer performance

Roy Munson
11-06-2004, 02:53 PM
As my Pokertracker database grows I wonder at what size it may have a negative impact on my computer's performance.

Have any Pokertracker users run into problems as their databases grew larger?

Xiphoid
11-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey Roy, how much hard drive space PT is taking up won't really affect the performance of your computer, unless you're running so low on space that Windows doesn't have enough for its swap file.

Of course, when you are running PT, the larger your database is, the slower it will run.

MS Sunshine
11-06-2004, 06:21 PM
"Of course, when you are running PT, the larger your database is, the slower it will run."

I open a new DB every month. I write notes once or twice using the current DB plus the previous one then only use the current one.

I data-mine eight tables about 20 hours a day. Towards the end of the month the imports, that I have set at 15 minutes, take close to 10 minutes. I also found that Party stores some HH's in a sub-folder of the handhistory folder which are reimported(?) the first download of the day. I clean it out every few days.

MS Sunshine

KingSix
11-06-2004, 07:45 PM
I have noticed the only slowdown when switching windows while PT is importing. When I am "mining" and not playing, I set it to import every 45 minutes and don't even notice it.

When I first started out after the PT update, I was trying to import every 8 minutes and it was slowing my comp down.

King