PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 PP games tight as hell in the early AM

Belok
11-06-2004, 02:18 PM
After 2 sobe adrenaline rushes, I was still up and playing at 4am this morning. Those games were so incredibly tight that it was very very hard to beat them.

So...when looking for maximum profit, dont play 1/2 at 4am.

JordanIB
11-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Or are they really loose, and you don't want us cutting in on your action? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

toss
11-06-2004, 02:28 PM
If you still want to play in the morning go to <font color="green">Pacific </font> wheres its always loose. No <font color="brown">multi-tabling </font> though AND its as slow as a <font color="green">turtle </font>.

prayformojo
11-06-2004, 03:24 PM
If you have the bankroll for it, or just want to take a stab with one or two tables, try the PP 2/4 bad beat tables. Midnight through 6am these tables are preposterously loose, especially when the jackpot gets high. On Thursday I had four tables each with average VP$IP over 45%.

ig0r
11-06-2004, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you still want to play in the morning go to <font color="green">Pacific </font> wheres its always loose. No <font color="brown">multi-tabling </font> though AND its as slow as a <font color="green">turtle </font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, I can't even play 50/1 on pacific because it's so loose - most tables with a 70-80%+ preflop call; I get sucked out on almost every time there. Even 1/2, it averages around 60%, crazy.

prayformojo
11-06-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I can't even play 50/1 on pacific because it's so loose - most tables with a 70-80%+ preflop call; I get sucked out on almost every time there

[/ QUOTE ]

You've probably heard it before, and you'll hear it again: these are the tables you want. If you can't play them because they're too loose, learn. Otherwise, it would be best to find a different hobby.

ig0r
11-06-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I can't even play 50/1 on pacific because it's so loose - most tables with a 70-80%+ preflop call; I get sucked out on almost every time there

[/ QUOTE ]

You've probably heard it before, and you'll hear it again: these are the tables you want. If you can't play them because they're too loose, learn. Otherwise, it would be best to find a different hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because I'm too tight...I'm well aware that these are the games I need to be playing but my aggressive style works best against a smaller table of players that actually know how to FOLD, lol.

NOTE: Willing to take tips on how to beat these really loose games (besides playing more suited connectors out of position?)

Entity
11-06-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because I'm too tight...I'm well aware that these are the games I need to be playing but my aggressive style works best against a smaller table of players that actually know how to FOLD, lol.

NOTE: Willing to take tips on how to beat these really loose games (besides playing more suited connectors out of position?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Tailor your aggressive style to work against people fold when they shouldn't, and call when they should.

Have you read SSH?

toss
11-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game. Theres no such thing as a bad loose game.

Zetack
11-06-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No, No, No, No.

If you need tips on how to beat these games as opposed to tight games you are on the wrong track. Premium hands, Premium hands, Premium hands. Tight aggressive play.

Loose games let you play additional hands profitably--but these hands are not what tip loose games into the profitable column.

--Zetack

btspider
11-06-2004, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After 2 sobe adrenaline rushes, I was still up and playing at 4am this morning. Those games were so incredibly tight that it was very very hard to beat them.

So...when looking for maximum profit, dont play 1/2 at 4am.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't play 1/2 for maximum profit. play 1/2 at its best and worst to learn how to beat those games.

hagelito
11-06-2004, 11:19 PM
It isn't enough with premium hands, you have to hit something to win. One pair win very seldom, at least at the place I played a couple of weeks ago to get $100 bonus =)

Btw, the place with the bonus is here https://poker.playit.com/poker.aspx?view=bonus

emonrad87
11-07-2004, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It isn't enough with premium hands, you have to hit something to win. One pair win very seldom, at least at the place I played a couple of weeks ago to get $100 bonus =)

Btw, the place with the bonus is here https://poker.playit.com/poker.aspx?view=bonus

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always enough with premium hands when you play them correctly.

emonrad87
11-07-2004, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have the bankroll for it, or just want to take a stab with one or two tables, try the PP 2/4 bad beat tables. Midnight through 6am these tables are preposterously loose, especially when the jackpot gets high. On Thursday I had four tables each with average VP$IP over 45%.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesnt the additional $.25/pot rake ("jackpot contribution") cut into the winnings fairly substantially?

hagelito
11-07-2004, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always enough with premium hands when you play them correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I thought so too, either they got lucky all the time or the board where rigged (think not /images/graemlins/cool.gif), they constantly coldcalled with hands like 35o, 58o....well, all kind of hands, so most of the time you couldn't put anyone on any hand.

When players play like this you don't want to try win with a single pair - it rarely wins. When I changed to play for flush, str8, sets and two-pairs etc. I got back on plus and some more. It is a lot easier to play against decent players who folds when they should fold.

mack848
11-07-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't agree. I prefer tables where chips are leaking left, right and centre. Put up with the bad beats, win inflated pots when I hit a premium hand.

How do you set out to play for pairs, or for flushes? If your opponents are genuinely playing 'any two cards', playing your cards well will be more than enough.

hagelito
11-07-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree. I prefer tables where chips are leaking left, right and centre. Put up with the bad beats, win inflated pots when I hit a premium hand.

How do you set out to play for pairs, or for flushes? If your opponents are genuinely playing 'any two cards', playing your cards well will be more than enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, this wasn't just a normal loose table (check it out yourself), I haven't seen anything like it before. Party loose? Many fish in the sea? No to compare, Party is tight. And Party is one of the greatest sea's in the world but this place where just crazy.

Well, I did win, but not before I changed my game from my usual thight-aggressive play.

How I played for better hands than pairs? I played all pairs and suited connectors, suited one-gaps down to 57s, AXs, KQs-K9s, QJs-Q9s, JTs-J9s etc, most unsuited hands above T for nutst8 or high two-pairs. This of course if there where no preflop raises, then I tightened up a bit.

Everytime anyone calls on flop they have at least a pair, str8-draw or flushdraw and when there are 5-7 opponents calling the flop there are a lot of outs which beat your pair (or already beating you).

Finally, everyone who love games like this should sign up there, you get the first $25 after 100 raked hands and the rest $75 when you played 400 more raked hands (total 500 raked hands). It's a great deal for all lowlimit players without a great bankroll.

DocMartin
11-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Is Pacific 1/2 looser than Party? I've found the 1/2 at Party silly tight compared to .5/1 as well. I spend more time looking for a table where 30+% see the flop than playing.