PDA

View Full Version : Go for a c/r?

John White
11-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I felt I had odds to call on the flop. Go for the c/r on the turn or bet out?

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero ???</font>

brettbrettr
11-06-2004, 02:15 PM
I may be wrong but on a 2 suited coordinated board like that, might be best to bet saying "I have the queen." Its not likely someones made their straight, but its possible. There's also a good liklihood that everyone is drawing, and you wouldn't want this to get checked through. I think the play is to bet. Also, considering the BB bet the flop, your check-raise is going to marry everyone to the pot and your hand isn't strong enough to stand it.

mike_wzrd
11-06-2004, 03:44 PM
I'd have folded this on the flop with just 5 small bets in the pot and a highly coordinated board. You have an inside str8 draw, but an 8 of clubs could give someone a flush. A backdoor flush draw. Any 9 could give someone else a str8. A club Q could give someone else a flush. Even if you hit the Q, you could already be drawing dead to a str8 or someone could hit the flush.

Gatts
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have folded this on the flop with just 5 small bets in the pot and a highly coordinated board. You have an inside str8 draw, but an 8 of clubs could give someone a flush. A backdoor flush draw. Any 9 could give someone else a str8. A club Q could give someone else a flush. Even if you hit the Q, you could already be drawing dead to a str8 or someone could hit the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 7SB in the pot, not 5.

Demana
11-06-2004, 04:27 PM
On the flop, you have:

Two overcards (6 outs)
Backdoor flush draw (1 out total?)
Inside straight draw (4 outs)

Total outs: 11

But, some of those are not clean.

The 8/images/graemlins/club.gif gives a flush
Any 8 gives you second high straight
A 9 could give anyone with an 8 a straight

So you need to lower your 11 outs:

-1 for the 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
-1 for the Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

-3 for any 9 (?)
-1 for the other two 8s since you will not have the nut straight (?)

<font color="blue">Not sure the total negatives for the unclean outs</font>

So you have 5 clean outs and need 8.4:1 to call (52 - 5 seen cards - 5 outs = 42:5).

You are getting 7:1, so you should fold.

Since you called, the Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a very good card for you and with BB next to act, I think it is better to lead the turn hoping that BB will raise and knock the other two out.