PDA

View Full Version : KQ Overcards

toss
11-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I want to thank everyone who put up with my whineyness. I think thats a word.

Pacific Poker .1/.2 Ten Handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, Hero raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Small 3-bets, everyone calls.

Flop: (9BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
Small checks, Big bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Small folds.

I had two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. I doubt anyone flopped a straight yet. (With these fishes who knows.) I called with the intention of folding the turn unimproved.

Turn: (11BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
Big checks, Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, Big calls, Hero folds.

I was tempted to call with everyone else calling. I felt it wasn't worth it however. Anything you guys would change?

mack848
11-06-2004, 02:09 PM
My inital thought was 'obvious fold' on the turn. But.

It looks likely that no-one has more than one pair or a straight draw. You have 6 outs to an overpair and are getting 14/1 pot odds.

I am not sure if hitting a K or Q on the river would take the pot often enough to justify the call. Hmm.

toss
11-06-2004, 02:12 PM
and Another Hand /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

<font color="green"> Pacific Poker </font> .1/.2 Hold'em <font color="blue"> (9 Handed) </font>

Preflop: Hero posts on CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG posts and checks, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero checks, Button calls, Small calls, Big checks.

Flop: (6SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue"> (6 Players) </font>
Small checks, Big bets, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero folds...

Standard fold or weak play? Thanks for the replies.

toss
11-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I wasn't sure too. Let's hope that someone who would know the answer <font color="blue">*cough*</font> Entity <font color="blue">*cough*</font> replies.

Entity
11-06-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't know the answers, I just take educated guesses.

I hate being in your position in hand #1. I call the flop and if SB checkraises, I'm done with the hand. Folding the turn with ~3 outs is SOP.

In hand #2, there's a decent chance I'm raising with the Ac, but without it, folding is fine. Even if you are ahead, you've got the Button and SB to contend with, and a lot of cards to dodge on the turn and river. I think it's pretty unlikely that the BB is betting a weaker 8 into a large field, so you're going to have to decide based on your read of him. Folding doesn't seem weak to me at all. Smallish pot, good chance you're behind, and not sure which cards you're drawing to (how happy are you if the A/images/graemlins/club.gif falls?).

Rob

StellarWind
11-06-2004, 02:41 PM
I call the turn. 14-1 is worth taking a shot. You should win more than half the time when you improve.

A little thing is it's nice to have Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. You only have one out that puts a 3-flush on board.

toss
11-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the breakdown. I guess I should try calling the turn next in Hand#1 as the board is raggedy enough and the pot is sizable.

I also felt my laydown in Hand#2 to be good. If I had the A/images/graemlins/club.gif however i would definitely take a shot.

Entity
11-06-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the breakdown. I guess I should try calling the turn next in Hand#1 as the board is raggedy enough and the pot is sizable.

I also felt my laydown in Hand#2 to be good. If I had the A/images/graemlins/club.gif however i would definitely take a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just for the record, I'm deferring to Stellar on #1. I'd probably fold but I'm rethinking that.

Rob