PDA

View Full Version : 75o, do you like my play?

JoshuaD
11-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 lags out, All-In. SB folds.

River: (4 BB) (Pot split 2BB/2BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Leaving my comments out so as not to taint the responses. Do you like my play?

toss
11-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Good agressive play

Entity
11-06-2004, 02:27 PM
The river bet is the slimmest of slim value bets, but I think it's good. You may get called by a 4 or a 6 (56 hoping for a straight) often enough for it to be good.

Turn bet is good with an OESD and a pair; you're ahead often enough and when you aren't, you have outs to improve.

Rob

JoshuaD
11-06-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river bet is the slimmest of slim value bets, but I think it's good. You may get called by a 4 or a 6 (56 hoping for a straight) often enough for it to be good.

Turn bet is good with an OESD and a pair; you're ahead often enough and when you aren't, you have outs to improve.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the king was good news for me. I was afraid of the flush, so only a passive king had me, and the chances of that just went down.

Also, if they were playing their single king passively, they probably wouldn't raise here, becuase that's what passive players do. So I'm probably not gonna face a raise even if they have the king.

I ended up taking down the pot, the all-in guy had the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Lexington
11-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Nice play Joshy, I may have check/called the river though.