PDA

View Full Version : J9o in CO after posting

Douper
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
My first hand post, had no reads obviously as it was my first hand at the table.

Top pair and backdoor draws a plenty. were these raises correct? I'm guessing I should have slowed down a lot when MP2 came to life.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, Hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.75 BB, between MP2, MP3 and Hero.</font>

Nick C
11-06-2004, 02:19 PM
When MP2 bets the turn, I start thinking my hand (which has become second pair with a one-card open-ended straight draw) is behind and I just call.

On the river, I think MP3 either has a jack or hit a backdoor flush. Well, I suppose it's possible that he's really excited that he just hit a straight with his pocket sixes, too. But, really, I think the best you can hope for most of the time is to split the pot. Given the size of the pot, I call two, like you did, but I don't like my chances very much at this point, and I'm going to hate it if MP2 3-bets (on the turn, I started worrying that he had QJ, though I think top pair and two-pair and J7 and even 76 are also possibilities).

I think the flop raise is okay, but given your relative position to BB, it doesn't put much pressure on anyone except SB. Your hand, if ahead, is very vulnerable, and there's not much you can do to protect it. Still, I would raise the flop, like you did.