PDA

View Full Version : calling simply because EVERYONE else did

kgrad5
11-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds.

i just simply could not pass up the chance to catch a flush draw in a pot with a bazillion people.. can a case be made where this is correct?

Entity
11-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I think I'd possibly go as low as Q8s here, but Q4s is too low for my tastes. Just MHO, of course. I'm pretty sure Ed laid out guidelines for this, and Qxs might be included. Keep in mind, also, that MP1 folded, so it's not quite everyeon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rob

kgrad5
11-06-2004, 12:24 PM
heh sure seemed like everyone, just a change from the normally super-tight 1/2 tables. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

radek2166
11-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Im calling. You make the flush Or the flop smacks you dead in the head its on.

Rob you got to look at it this way. This hand only has value 1 way really and thats if you hit the flush. Pot odds and implied odds say DO IT!!!!

Entity
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im calling. You make the flush Or the flop smacks you dead in the head its on.

Rob you got to look at it this way. This hand only has value 1 way really and thats if you hit the flush. Pot odds and implied odds say DO IT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Steve,

You're getting 7.5:1 (8:1 if SB completes) on your call. Even with 10:1 (an "all-limp" hand) I'm still not playing Q4s. I'm a tighter player than you, though.

You'll flop a flush draw 10.9% of the time, IIRC, and you'll make the flush 36% of that time. I need more than just the flush here.

Rob

Gatts
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd possibly go as low as Q8s here, but Q4s is too low for my tastes. Just MHO, of course. I'm pretty sure Ed laid out guidelines for this, and Qxs might be included. Keep in mind, also, that MP1 folded, so it's not quite everyeon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, in SSHE he says that Q2s could work. I'd probably do it with Q4s, 7:1 seems pretty nice.

Whenever I see limpfests at 2/4 I usually have 72o.

radek2166
11-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Cept in them 2+2 games.

I think the best stat from the game the other nite was ZULU saying about me ur VP$IP here is ~30% at the other table its 18%

Got to play down to your comp. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
11-06-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cept in them 2+2 games.

I think the best stat from the game the other nite was ZULU saying about me ur VP$IP here is ~30% at the other table its 18%

Got to play down to your comp. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The last two 2+2 games I've played my VPIP is ~20%, but I've been playing seriously, and haven't been drunk.

I limped 92s on the button in a 2+2 game, but I can guarantee you it wasn't +EV. It wasn't even close. It just happened to work out that I won a 15BB pot against cnfuzzd's 86s when we both hit our flushes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, I don't think limping with Qxs is terrible here, I'm not one to do it. It's probably marginally +EV in the right hands. My biggest problem with it is that I hate playing a hand only for one value. Kxs I can also play for pair value, especially when X &gt;= 7. Q4s is really only good for one thing, unless I hit a magical 2pr. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

radek2166
11-06-2004, 01:26 PM
AGreed. I prefer something with a straight draw also but, 8 in the pot makes alot more hand playable