PDA

View Full Version : 88 flops a set

raccon
11-06-2004, 05:01 AM
How was the river play? Should I just check-call once the board gets very scary? What about the rest of the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Douglas Leslie
11-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Raise the flop. You are asking for trouble when you just call with that board. You want to eliminate the button player if possible and in any event you are betting for value at that stage. When the river card falls you are in real trouble with a flush draw and a straight draw on the table. At most you should check call, and you certainly shouldn't bet unless you are going to fold if raised. You would have had a better idea what to do on the river if you had raised after the flop. Now you are just guessing what the button has.

raccon
11-06-2004, 05:24 AM
Yup, I felt immediately bad when I just called on the flop. And I got punished straight away.

toss
11-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Yes definitely bet the flop and I would check and call the turn as the board becomes much too scary.

crockett
11-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Oh...soooo scary.

This is tight-weak.

Don't ever check this turn after raising the flop. Lead the turn. Yes there is a three card str8 on the board but the only hand you fear is QJ and QJs. Even it is out there you have ten outs to a boat or four of kind.

crockett
11-06-2004, 08:21 AM
raise the flop! Cap a 3-bet.

Lead the turn.

If you let the button in to a runner runner str8 you should be kicking your self for not raising the flop.