PDA

View Full Version : ATo flops trips; call-call-raise?

bdk3clash
11-06-2004, 03:58 AM
Live 4-8 game in NYC (not at the Club That Shall Not Be Named). Sthief09, Evan, JohnnyBoomBoom, and SFer all fold, apparently having not been dealt two cards. I open-raise one off the cutoff with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, SB folds, BB 3-bets, I call.

BB is Evan's "friend." He's pretty loose and pretty aggressive, particularly preflop, but not braindead or anything. His postflop play hasn't stood out to me as particularly donkish, and I have seen him fold postflop. (As usual, my read on the hands he'd be 3-betting preflop is less than precise.)

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB bets, I call.

Turn is the 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB bets, I call planning on raising the river, whatever it is, and calling a river 3-bet unimproved.

Comments on each street appreciated.

cold_cash
11-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Seems like a good line to me. It looks like you've got him over a barrel, so don't give him an excuse to fold.

P.S. - There's GOT to be a softer game around there somewhere.

sfer
11-06-2004, 05:36 AM
Can't you read? Me, Evan, Josh, Boom Boom. That's plenty soft. As soft as a cottage cheese ass.

Evan
11-06-2004, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is Evan's "friend

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are those quotes implying? Are you trying to say that he was not really my friend or something? I'm confused, teach me Brad....

sublime
11-06-2004, 05:53 AM
i think he is saying you are gay

Evan
11-06-2004, 05:55 AM
WELL NOW IT'S ON BRAD!!!!

sublime
11-06-2004, 06:04 AM
what exactly is your avatar?

me and joetall have been discussing coming to NY but i am getting very scared now. from my recollection you are a very big black man who doesnt sleep and has "friends"

add in your odd avatars and i am getting scared /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
11-06-2004, 06:10 AM
hahaha. my avatar is this crazy 7 monitor setup that costs like $12k andby my calculation swould fit 23 tables w/o overlap.

[ QUOTE ]
my recollection you are a very big black man who doesnt sleep and has "friends"

[/ QUOTE ]

That couldn't be any more accurate.

[ QUOTE ]
me and joetall have been discussing coming to NY

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, when?

sublime
11-06-2004, 06:13 AM
hahaha. my avatar is this crazy 7 monitor setup that costs like $12k andby my calculation swould fit 23 tables w/o overlap.

that would ROCK!

Cool, when?

if it happens before the new year, it will probably be next week.

Evan
11-06-2004, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that would ROCK!

[/ QUOTE ]

right click it, go to properties then go to the site. it's pretty crazy.

[ QUOTE ]
if it happens before the new year, it will probably be next week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, PM any of us whenever you know what's goin on.

sublime
11-06-2004, 06:20 AM
dude-

this one 3screen (http://digitaltigers.com/images/tigervista-trio-17n_600w.jpg)

could fit my budget and would fcuking rule! if i buy this it might be your fault /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Evan
11-06-2004, 06:17 PM
this is actually an interesting hand, let's get some responses.

nothumb
11-06-2004, 06:43 PM
I like this play for both EV and meta-game considerations.

NT

edtost
11-06-2004, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - There's GOT to be a softer game around there somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Evan's "friend", believe me, my sitting made the game worthwhile for all of them. I moved over from the 2-5 nl game after losing 2 big pots in ~3 orbits, in an effort to lose as little cash as possible while on mega-tilt.

edtost
11-06-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As usual, my read on the hands he'd be 3-betting preflop is less than precise

[/ QUOTE ]

As the (very little) limit i've played has mainly been in shorthanded online games, my range of 3-betting hands against a button open raise is somewhere in the realm of gigantic, not that, as you saw later, i am a particularly tight player to begin with.

[ QUOTE ]
I call planning on raising the river, whatever it is, and calling a river 3-bet unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line, particularly against a thinking, aggressive, but ultimately not good player like myself. bet-bet-bet could represent a large number of hands, and depending on the state of my tilt at the time, i'm just as likely to make a big fold as to push back with crap if you raise early.

In short, well played. As the cards fell the river killed you. It happens.

bdk3clash
11-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah, so the river was a T, giving me the 2nd nuts.

Ed bets.
I raise (as planned)
Ed 3-bets
I 4-bet (since I now have a boat)
Ed 5-bets
I 6-bet, since I sucked out on JJ, and plan on calling a 7-bet.

I'll let Ed fill in the rest of the action...

bunky9590
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call planning on raising the river, whatever it is, and calling a river 3-bet unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it gets the money off an overly aggro opponent that can fold to some aggression postflop. Probably would be a play I make one out of three though. I'm so freaking aggressive I'd probably raise the flop, cause he'd be less likely to put me on an ace that way. (But thats my style)

Oh yeah, What have you learned about freaking game selection anyway?

edtost
11-07-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, so the river was a T, giving me the 2nd nuts.

Ed bets.
I raise (as planned)
Ed 3-bets
I 4-bet (since I now have a boat)
Ed 5-bets
I 6-bet, since I sucked out on JJ, and plan on calling a 7-bet.

I'll let Ed fill in the rest of the action...

[/ QUOTE ]

well this is embarrasing..... i made the very mistaken assumption that the only hand he could 6-bet with was the same as mine, and just called with AJ so we could move on to the next hand. looks like i need to put in some more time at the limit tables.

bisonbison
11-07-2004, 01:27 PM
i made the very mistaken assumption that the only hand he could 6-bet with was the same as mine

failure to put in the last raise with the nuts HU is a booable offense.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO.

bdk3clash
11-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Bootable, even.
http://simpsons.metropoliglobal.com/fotogramas/2f13/20.jpg

sfer
11-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Josh, the Saint of Unhurt Feelings, said, "How can you call??!! You have the nuts!!???"

Evan
11-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I would like to point out that Brad made a better read than it might seem as he told everyone that he was planning to just call the 7 bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdk3clash
11-07-2004, 05:15 PM
8-betting would be downright reckless.

Evan
11-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Eh, not if you had the disipline to fold to a 9 bet. Is there anything about that in Poker Essays? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edtost
11-07-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Josh, the Saint of Unhurt Feelings, said, "How can you call??!! You have the nuts!!???"

[/ QUOTE ]

now now, you guys should know better than to tap on the aquarium like that. unless your game selection tactics are even worse than they seemed originally.