PDA

View Full Version : this hand put me on tilt.

stinkypete
11-06-2004, 02:11 AM
didn't check poker tracker but i had the impression that the villain was relatively tight pre-flop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

aaah... all those posts and i got it heads up. woohoo!

Flop: (11.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

not the greatest flop... i'm just hoping another heart doesn't come.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

okay, now i'm starting to wonder if he might have A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif. i decide KK, or QQ or AK with one heart is far more likely.

River: (14.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

well, now QQ has me beat too. did i miss out on a bet? should i have check-raised and called a 3-bet? should i have 3-bet here? should i have check-called?

i feel like i played this pretty well. i could be wrong. any comments?

Final Pot: 18.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.66 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

Bob T.
11-06-2004, 02:15 AM
I think you put too many bets in on the turn and river. Your opponent called the flop, and then came alive on the turn. He either has a bigger hand than you, or a draw.

On the river, you should probably be check/calling, to induce bluffs from his draw if he missed, and to save yourself money if he is ahead.

helpmeout
11-06-2004, 02:35 AM
When he raises the turn I go into call down mode.

Its just too dangerous to raise, he knows you have a big hand because you capped preflop.

Sure you might be ahead but I'd be happy to get out of this one without losing too much.

If you had Ah then its different and you can go nuts on the turn but you dont. If he has KK then you are damn lucky.