PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 Hand

Wu36
11-05-2004, 11:08 PM
2/4 stud8 at stars
don't have the hand history at the moment, bear with me. This hands been bothering me since it happened.

I'm dealt A35 a 2 brings it in, K raises, 6 calls, I call (probably should've raised here)

So on 4th street we have:
Me: A354
High: Kx
Low: 65
High hand bets, low calls, I raise both call.
5th:
Me: A3548
High:KxK (2 hearts)
Low: 65x
Here's where i start to act stupid.
High's board looks very strong, I figure i'm practically dead for high and decide to raise the other low out of the pot.
High bets, Low calls, I raise, High reraises, Low calls 2 bets cold, I cap (not sure about this play, Low obviously isn't folding to one more bet)
5th street:
Me: A3548x
High: KxKx 3 hearts
Low:65x8
High bets, Low raises, I call, it gets capped back to me, I call(not sure what i'm thinking at this point but i do have the best low)

River I pair my 5, High bets, low raises, hating myself at this point I call.

Low shows (34) and a 7 on the river for a 8 high straight and rough 7
High mucks (not sure what happened there)
I muck
Final pot ~ 20 BB

I feel like this hand got FUBAR, just how badly did i play it? Feel free to rip me apart.

Nick_Foxx
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
i think u did fine, you (and the high hand) just got outdrawn on the river

btw you could've re-raised on 6th street since you knew you had the other low hand beat (assuming an "X" indicates a brick) plus you still have the best draw

this kind of hand happens in stud/8 all the time

mike

Andy B
11-06-2004, 04:26 PM
I probably raise on third, but I'm a maniac. Nothing wrong with just calling. On fourth, you definitely raise. On fifth, I wouldn't say that you're "practically dead" for high. The high hand probably has trips, which means he has some chance to fill even if you hit your straight. You could make a wheel, or catch 76, or running Aces. These are all small possibilities, but they add value to your hand, which is already pretty strong. The other guy has only two cards to beat you, and you have an excellent redraw. You were correct to jam.

On sixth, I would be happy to see these two guys jamming. The low hand cannot have you beaten at this point. With all the bets going in, you are laying 2:1, but you are better than a 2:1 favorite to win low (I don't feel like figuring out how big a favorite you are right now). If the other guy weren't raising, you should be raising. And a Deuce just might be good for a scoop (it turns out that neither of them had you beaten going in.

On the river, you just have to pay it off. I wouldn't be raising myself, but if this guy is foolish enough to jam with a low that he should know isn't any good on sixth, he just might do the same thing on the river. Tough break.

FUBAR?

Wu36
11-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the replies, guess I wasn't too far off. I just had a feeling that i made more than a few mistakes. Raising on 3rd and 6th makes sense.

BTW- fubar - f'd up beyond all recognition

Chris Daddy Cool
11-07-2004, 05:56 AM
i agree with andy, though hero really has to be sweating and gulping with the 7th street action.

[ QUOTE ]
FUBAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

f*cked up beyong any recognition, from the movie Saving Private Ryan.

Penetrater
11-07-2004, 07:03 AM
I would have waited for the 5th to checkraise. Otherwise, you may not have wanted to cap it if there was even a 20% chance you were gonna get scooped.

Kaz The Original
11-07-2004, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of like saying "Christianity, you know, the religion those people had in Passion Of The Christ".

Andy B
11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Assuming I read you correctly, why should an 80% chance of winning keep you from jamming? You're laying 2:1 as a 4:1 favorite. I can't get enough money in with that kind of an overlay. If I get beaten, I get beaten.

PoorLawyer
11-08-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of like saying "Christianity, you know, the religion those people had in Passion Of The Christ".

[/ QUOTE ]

saying that reminded me that it was said by Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon which was well before saving ryan's privates.