PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Software, this is seriously screwed up

joedot
11-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Playing 5/10 on Pacific. Kind of distracted since I'm playing 2 games, watching my stocks, and getting some sports bets on, so I don't act in time with my hand UTG + 2. No big deal, it should muck my hand right? No, It keeps my cards on the table, and everyone else at the table folds to the big blind. He checks. Now it comes back to me and asks what I want to do. Well I look and see A9 offsuit, surely a hand I would have mucked, but against a BB who has shown no strength, and since everyone else folded I raise, and take it down on the flop. This is seriously retarded, and I can't believe their software is this bad. I guess I shouldn't complain since I got lucky and profited from their retardedness, but wow. Are these a bunch of 3rd graders that are running this site?

Koller
11-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We are revising the software to fix this problem.

Pacific Poker CEO

George W. Bush

Equal
11-05-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback. We are revising the software to fix this problem.

Pacific Poker CEO

George W. Bush

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! Since I first stated playing on Pacific poker in January, they have made exactly THREE software changes:

1 - added a dealer summary hand in the chat, i.e. "Player won $300 with a pair of fives,

2 - Let you bold or CHANGE colors of your text in the chat!

3 - A Congratulations banner with stars after you win a showdown

What idiots.

gila
11-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Leave Pacific Alone!!

They (the fish there) are supporting me right now.

_And1_
11-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Congratulations, joedot, you'll experience it again couse it happnes quite often...

Stupendous_Man
11-05-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm enjoying them now as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Love logging into the site and seeing 75% seeing the flop at 3/6! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's too bad Pacific has SO many problems. Ability to only play 1 table, only dealing ~40 hands per hour, the frequency of server problems, no note taking ability, etc. The list is too long.

Equal
11-05-2004, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm enjoying them now as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Love logging into the site and seeing 75% seeing the flop at 3/6! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Pacific artificially inflates the flops seen%.

Folding Pete
11-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Yes you would think with pacific being so closely linked with 888.com that they would have a much better quality site.

I have just dicovered that if I sit in the far left seat then my nickname obscures my cards. I can only see some of the pips on the second card. You can't even see the cards as they as being dealt!

_And1_
11-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Pete, this is also an bug that springs to life from time to time. Ie not alsays like this but from time to time you ll it appears...

InternetPokerPro
11-06-2004, 10:41 AM
I am not sure if they still offer the same promotion but a couple of years ago Pacific Poker held a promotion whereby the TEAM of players with the biggest combined win during a specified couple of hours would win a CASH PRIZE FOR THE TEAM.

Somehow the logic fails my as to why an internet poker site would have a promotion that encourages players to form TEAMS.

axioma
11-06-2004, 11:14 AM
"FYI, Pacific artificially inflates the flops seen%. "

What are you basing this on?

Stupendous_Man
11-06-2004, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Pacific artificially inflates the flops seen%.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I've heard this. Has this been on older threads I haven't seen?

If they're inflated, they don't appear to be too overly done. Was on the site last night playing a 2/4 table that showed a flop seen % 75%+, and it was frequent to see 6-8 players in the pot. Rarely where there less than 4.

GrannyMae
11-06-2004, 12:34 PM
if i recall the team promotion correctly, team members played different limits so there was no 2 members on the same table.

i was going to join a team for the tourney, and if i had smelled collusion issues, i would not have even considered it.

InternetPokerPro
11-06-2004, 12:43 PM
You are correct. Sorry I did not clarify.

I played in one of the event because of the huge overlay of the promotion. But my point was that as part of the team every player exchanged IM addresses to facilitate assigning players to tables.

If anyone was tempted tempted to collude but never did so because they didn't know any of the other players and/or had an IM address for other players . . . an event such as this certainly stirred the pot of temptation.

When you think about it . . . I don't think a poker site should have any promotion that increases the temptation and/or makes it any easier for players to form collusion teams.

GrannyMae
11-06-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't think a poker site should have any promotion that increases the temptation and/or makes it any easier for players to form collusion teams.

i agree with this statement. also, at the time, it had not come to light about the catfish situation where he got no refund after catching cheaters. point is that pacific of all places should not be running team events imo.