PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand for review

Carmine
11-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Being this is my first HH posting I would like to Thank Bison for the use of his converter.

I believe this hand was badly played. My common play is to release when the two overcards fall on the flop (had only one of those two overcards fallen my line may have been more correct?? If an A or K fallen I would have defiantly released immediately.

No reads yet second hand at this table. MP2 raised the previous two hands PF also, so the maniac flags are warming up.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

TripleH68
11-05-2004, 07:15 PM
With a weak read on MP2 this seems like a terrible place to take a run at him on the turn. The only reasonable holding you hope to fold is AT or AK...and you are ahead of those holdings now anyway. Think of the holdings you are behind: AA,KK,QQ,AQ,AJ,KQ,TT,etc.

MoreWineII
11-05-2004, 07:32 PM
If you're going to raise that turn, you've got to be able to fold to a 3-bet methinks.

vegasvegas
11-05-2004, 07:35 PM
You have position, so I'd raise pre-flop and / or on the flop and see how MP2 reacts. The raise on the turn comes too late.