PDA

View Full Version : turned SF...too greedy?

River2Pair
11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
PokerRoom 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 6c 7c (straight flush, nine high).
UTG has 5h 7h (three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>

I put UTG+1 on Ac as his most likely holding when he raised. After he folded, I figured more likely a PP, and the cold call by UTG scared him more than my 3-bet.

I'm just thinking maybe I would've won a little more had I smooth called the raise and C/Red the river.

The raise/fold to a 3-bet line on the turn is just so rare in SS online games that I couldn't envision them both not paying me off on the river.

I like UTG's PF play too /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Edit: I also might have been overaggressive to confront UTG with 2 cold. Some players might fold his hand there. I folded top two on the turn the other night at my first time, first hand at a live 15-30. Flop-raiser flopped the straight.

bakku
11-05-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm getting drunk tonight.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-05-2004, 06:21 PM
oh yea, don't play poker while you're drunk.

bisonbison
11-05-2004, 06:21 PM
What's the deal with your loc: Chris? Did bakku take your sister out again?

bakku
11-05-2004, 06:23 PM
but it's fun? and where else would the quote in your location have come from?

bakku
11-05-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with your loc: Chris? Did bakku take your sister out again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was drunk the other night and called some guy a pervert that was railbirding at our table. I told him perverts go to hell.

bisonbison
11-05-2004, 06:26 PM
ahahahahahahahahaahha.

eh923
11-05-2004, 06:32 PM
The smooth-call/check-raise plan probably would win you less than what you got this time.
1. Who'da thunk the raiser would fold for 1 one more bet? Had you KNOWN he'd do that, smooth-calling would be better to help him catch up.
2. The likely bettor would be last to act, so you'd be forcing UTG to call 2 cold on the river, and he could easily fold. Because of this, even if you smooth-called, leading the river is a better play. UTG will be in the middle (calling as per usual), and UTG+1 could raise.
3. The likely bettor could EASILY have been going for a free card w/ the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, in which case he'd check behind on most river cards.

You played it just fine, but just got unlucky a better river card didn't come.