PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Orange County: Gayest show on television?

cnfuzzd
11-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Discuss.

Sponger15SB
11-05-2004, 05:05 PM
I hope you die

ThaSaltCracka
11-05-2004, 05:07 PM
punish him with your lavender scented dildo.

cnfuzzd
11-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I surely will someday....

peace

john nickle

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Hot chicks though.

cnfuzzd
11-05-2004, 05:26 PM
well of course, gay dudes are always surrounded by hot chicks....

peace

john nickle

Edge34
11-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Have you ever actually watched the show? Doubt it.

Plus, there's much gayer stuff on TV...if this were AT ALL gay, it wouldn't be NEAR the gayest show on TV.

The OC rules. Enough said.

-Edge

ThaSaltCracka
11-05-2004, 05:44 PM
there are a lot of gay ass shows on TV, partly why TV sucks for the most part.

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:48 PM
He said gay-ass shows...heheheheh
[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of gay ass shows on TV, partly why TV sucks for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
11-05-2004, 05:48 PM
never watched it but yes it's probably the gayest

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:51 PM
It can't be gayer than Will & Grace? Or Queer Eye? Or Queer as Folk?

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:52 PM
In your local Blockbuster Video that more and more gay movies keep popping up? And some of them aren't clearly marked?

Sponger15SB
11-05-2004, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
never watched it but yes it's probably the gayest

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen you but I bet you're ugly.

slickpoppa
11-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Excuse me for speaking so bluntly sir, but those fags make me want to puke my f*cking guts out.

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:56 PM
So now that the religious right has free rein, how long before Will & Grace, etc, etc. get slapped with major indecency fines?

TheRake
11-05-2004, 06:02 PM
I had to vote just to see how many people

"have a lavender-scented vagina"

I'll admit this made me laugh

TheRake

astroglide
11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
god-awful comparison. i am aware of the show's premise/demographic and have seen the commercials.

namknils
11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
god-awful comparison. i am aware of the show's premise/demographic and have seen the commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger is aware of you too, you play online poker are a member of an online forum and has heard your opions. You're ugly! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The show rocks by the way.

Sponger15SB
11-05-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but until you actually have watched the show about an Orange County community where shifting loyalties and identities lurk behind a picture-perfect facade you can't really comment on the gayness.

I'm sure you've watched more than your fair share of shows people called gay when you were younger. Don't hate what you fear, let it out.

PS way to edit your post. for those who missed he has never actually watched the show.

astroglide
11-05-2004, 06:13 PM
i just went to the web site to get a funny quote about the show (just looking for a description) and i was NOT disappointed. here's the FIRST SENTENCE you see when you click on the episode guide: The Cohen house is packed full of topless construction workers.

click http://www.fox.com/oc/ and then click 'episode guide'

astroglide
11-05-2004, 06:18 PM
but until you actually have watched the show about an Orange County community where shifting loyalties and identities lurk behind a picture-perfect facade you can't really comment on the gayness

hahaha yeah from that description it really means i have to watch. i don't have to watch it to know. i have seen their advertising. that is what they will consider their best side. they pick specific things which they think will make me want to watch the show. those things were totally gay. you can feel free to post the contents of my original reply, all i did was clean up a censored word and add the word 'demographic'.

your ugly comparison: invalid
your assertion that i need to watch the show: wrong
your noted observation of the fact that i edited my post: useless

you're 0 for 3 and you watch gay television. just own up to the fact that it's gay and things will be fine.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just went to the web site to get a funny quote about the show (just looking for a description) and i was NOT disappointed. here's the FIRST SENTENCE you see when you click on the episode guide: The Cohen house is packed full of topless construction workers.

click http://www.fox.com/oc/ and then click 'episode guide'

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i dont own a tv.
sigh....

dr. klopek
11-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Listen. I can see how you would think that a show full of attractive teenagers set in an affluent county in California is gay, and approximately a year and a half ago I would've blindly agreed. But then, I saw the show. The plain and simple fact of the matter is that this is one of the greatest shows currently on television, certainly the best non-syndicated show on network T.V. Call me what you will, but I am personally invested in the outcome of the events in this show. Simply put, this show is awesome. How much longer must we be persecuted?

B Dids
11-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Only one of the chicks is hot. The other one needs several cheeseburgers.

ThaSaltCracka
11-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes but until you actually have watched the show about an Orange County community where shifting loyalties and identities lurk behind a picture-perfect facade you can't really comment on the gayness.
This all I need to hear. Seriously, reread what you wrote, and try to convince us that this show is not gay, and not aimed at teenage girls.

Sponger15SB
11-05-2004, 07:07 PM
goddamn salt you have got to be the most thick headed person on these entire boards when it comes to reading my jokes.

way to blow the "unlce leo" one yesterday, btw.

ThaSaltCracka
11-05-2004, 07:13 PM
no, it was not a joke, you essentially wrote the outline of the show.

Tell me, what is different about this show when compared to other douchefests like Dawsons Creek and 90210?

[ QUOTE ]
goddamn salt you have got to be the most thick headed person on these entire boards when it comes to reading my jokes.

[/ QUOTE ] There is a reason to, your jokes aren't funny /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

cnfuzzd
11-05-2004, 07:25 PM
For the record, i am not homophobic. Some posts seem to imply that. Far from it. In fact, i have had several friends tell me i am probably the most tolerant person they know. Except for stupidity.

The show is "gay" in that it has feminized (and reduced to a 13-year-old-girl level) everything that would be good about a good, serious drama, and has possibly the most rediculous script-writing ive seen in a while. Granted, i dont watch much television, but seriously. Also, i watched the series premier, thinking it would be hot chicks and cool stories. Nope. Nothing but gay. I also left my television tuned to fox yesterday (after watching the simpsons), finished watching a clockwork orange, and then turned back to AV1. What should i find, but the OC season premier. Gave it a second shot. I have a friend who does drag shows, and even he would call this gay. Trust me.

Will and Grace might be worse, but its more "middle-aged woman", rather than gay. Queer eye etc arent that bad, since they are upfront about being a show about gay-ness. Assuming gayness of course is neat and tidy living.

For anyone who is concerned about the constructionist implications of the word "Gay" i must apologize, but i am a firm believer that the Queer movement provides an excellent support for the idea that "Gay" is not neccesarily derrogatory, instead merely expanding on the tradition male/female dichotomy.

And seriously, this show is out of control gay.

peace

john nickle

WEASEL45
11-05-2004, 08:19 PM
agreed

astroglide
12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
fwiw i watched like 3/4 of an episode a week or so ago. it was the one where the older dude with frog lips trailed somebody and saw them passing documents, then confronted some guy at a bar about it who denied it at first. meanwhile 2 couples were double dating but ended up trading dates or whatever and a guy wanted to talk to his ex-girlfriend about how he was over her which wasn't true but she was obviously over him and interested in another guy. i am known to watch some incredibly bad programming if it's broadcast in hdtv, and even with that i found it virtually unbearable. two thumbs down.

jakethebake
12-10-2004, 09:44 AM
My wife told me last night that her 40 year-old gay friend watches it. He's pretty flaming so I'm voting that it IS the gayest.