PDA

View Full Version : AA On 4-Suited Board - I Finally Play Good?

BonJoviJones
11-05-2004, 03:49 PM
BB is very aggressive. He does not need a heart to bet the turn/river.

MP2 is tight-ish super-passive. If he had called the turn I may have folded the river (given that I didn't fill, of course). It would have been out of character for him to stay without some type of flush.

I think I played it fine, even though it's a very passive sequence from me. Any one fold the river? Raise the turn? Fold pre-flop?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (11.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

fairness
11-05-2004, 04:07 PM
hero should have raised the flop. raising the flop will get mp2 out of there in case he is sticking around on a low heart. you want this to go heads up with the bb., or even better, get him to fold out. the chances of someone flopping the flush are slim, so the more players you eliminate on the flop, the more chance your hand has of holding up. this is a huge pot on the flop, raise to protect it.

BonJoviJones
11-05-2004, 04:09 PM
I didn't think MP2 would fold a decent heart to a raise, given my notes.

But I do like your points on raising. Damn I'm weak.

meep_42
11-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Raise-cap the flop, call down from there.

-d

tiltaholic
11-05-2004, 05:26 PM
yes, raise the flop...take it from there.
Another thing that should be mentioned on hands like this, is that you have capped preflop - by not raising the flop you are practically announcing that you have high cards (pf cap) but no hearts. When you raise/cap the flop, people fear you! BB has been the aggressor all along - there is no reason to assume he has a heart.
-t