PDA

View Full Version : Scary board for pocket pair

Yobz
11-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

No reads on anyone, just came to the table
Did I play it right?

meep_42
11-05-2004, 02:50 PM
I assume you were going to fold to any raise along the way?

I find it hard to believe you are ahead here much of the time, though, I may check through the turn to see what develops.

River is good, did villain make 2-pair?

-d

Yobz
11-05-2004, 02:57 PM
My plan was to fold to any raise. I dont like a turn check too much (obviously since i didnt do it) because if a scare card like another aces comes on the river i might be able to bluff the pot. Villian who raised was bluffing w/K high, other made 2 pair on turn

Stupendous_Man
11-05-2004, 03:59 PM
The preflop raise is standard. I'd probably bet the flop as well and look for a raise back. With no raise back, but two calls, I would have expected a raise on the turn (with the BB vs. SB) and would have probably gone weak with a check instead of leading out with a bet. I've seen too many players call 2 cold with Axo at these limits.

The button's raise at the river makes me think he either flopped two pair (and wouldn't be surprised if it was A-7o) or hit two pair at the river. With the set, that's an easy raise for me, as I wouldn't have put Button on K-T for the str8.

So, in the end, the only thing I play differently is the turn bet.

Stupendous_Man
11-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Is Button now a "Buddy"?! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not only did he try a terrible bluff with K high and two other players, but then he paid off more by calling your 3-bet!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I need "Buddies" like that! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

prrthd
11-05-2004, 04:06 PM
I would play it just like you but I tend to be a little loose in these situations. I think it would be just as good to check the turn since any flush draw is going to stick around anyway.