PDA

View Full Version : KQo, berated for my flop play

prayformojo
11-05-2004, 12:56 PM
SB is very loose and quite passive. He lit into me after this hand, which was quite fun.

Any comments, especially on the pre-flop coldcall (no read on UTG's raising standards), flop pump, or river bet, are appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (14 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (28.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB

btspider
11-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Fold preflop. That's an UTG raise you are facing, you are in bad shape. KQs is a call.

Flop: Looks fine even with the 2-flush. You likely gained some overcard outs when UTG folds.

Turn: The nuts..

River: Good value bet.. you know you have SB beat.. What did he have? A set? Seems too aggressive for JT.

molawn2mo
11-05-2004, 01:20 PM
bt's comments seem 100% right on.

Your thread title say's comments were made about your flop play. How so? Your OESD must be pumped and you played it great.

The river value bet is g00t.

MoreWineII
11-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Not a big fan of the pre-flop call even with the cold-callers. KQs, yes. KQo, no.

The rest looks good. Nice turn. Looks like SB had a set, 44 or TT, I'd wager?

sthief09
11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
pumping a flop then hitting is one of the most rewarding experiences in poker

prayformojo
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
To my surprise, Villain turns over JTo. I re-checked my stats and other than that hand he is exceedingly passive. I guess he just really liked that two pair.

He really tore into me, repeating over and over again that he bet and raised the flop, and asking how I could call. Several helpful table coaches pointed out that I had the odds to call. I kept my mouth shut: there's no difference between calling and raising is there?

As for the coldcall, I don't like it much either. I am curious about KQs in this situation though: with four already in, would anyone 3-bet from the button?

asofel
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pumping a flop then hitting is one of the most rewarding experiences in poker

[/ QUOTE ]

but he had nothing made on the flop! i had 3 4's!! its not fair! how can that win!?

/just guessing what SB said
//any quotes from the exchange mojo?

Fnord
11-05-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He really tore into me, repeating over and over again that he bet and raised the flop, and asking how I could call. Several helpful table coaches pointed out that I had the odds to call. I kept my mouth shut: there's no difference between calling and raising is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

"But I had a King and a Queen, how can you raise with just a Jack and a Ten?"

Yeknom58
11-05-2004, 03:24 PM
The preflop cold call was super bad and if thats what your opponent was harping about he would be very correct in saying your preflop selection is poor.

Post flop looks fine to me. I might not have capped the flop but I don't think it's a big deal. I like the value bet on the end, lots of newbies wouldn't make that bet.

Later,

prayformojo
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop cold call was super bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
and if thats what your opponent was harping about he would be very correct in saying your preflop selection is poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't. He was criticising my flop play, and mistakenly criticising me for "calling all his raises" when in fact I was pumping the pot with as many bets of my own. I think he also called me a "f***ing river rat" as well, until someone pointed out the nuts on the turn.

At VP$IP&gt;70%, I don't think SB is too interested in pre-flop selection.