PDA

View Full Version : I'll muck my hand before a bet - Tell?

J LU
11-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Has anyone noticed a pattern from the online HE players that like to muck their cards before any action to them. Is this worth noting on the player and does it mean anything more about the player. Would it be smart to give this kind of player any additional credit for the hands that he bets?

rloftin
11-05-2004, 12:41 PM
WHY

Reef
11-05-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't think it's a tell. If I have a black 25o in the BB and the flop is 10,J,Q of daimonds 6 handed, there's no point in checking. I'm positive a free card won't give me the best hand and I know it's going to be bet anyway. I just fold.

J LU
11-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I've seen this after pre flop raises (and caps). I won a nice pot once on a broken flush on the river because of this.

sammy_g
11-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Next time when you're in the BB and you check this flop instead of folding, others will know you caught some piece of it. That is the tell.

Sundevils21
11-05-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a tell. If I have a black 25o in the BB and the flop is 10,J,Q of daimonds 6 handed, there's no point in checking. I'm positive a free card won't give me the best hand and I know it's going to be bet anyway. I just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding just sucks.
Never fold if you don't have to. It could come running 2's(without another diamond coming).
Also(especially if shorthanded on the flop), folding tells the opponents behind you that you aren't going to check raise. Information that they shouldn't get for free.

MrDannimal
11-06-2004, 01:35 AM
Given the tell mentioned in the thread (when you later check the flop from the BB, you've got at least something to consider calling), why not just click "Check" and then "Check/Fold" instead? It takes a fraction of a second and removes any possiblity of a tell.