PDA

View Full Version : JJ

kurosh
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

hagelito
11-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Where there any question to your post?

Anyway, I like your play until river, I would have checked there.

/Hagel.

Stupendous_Man
11-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Seems like UTG+2 is on something like Q-T or J-T, having hit top pair on the flop and then holding on too long. I'd put MP1 on the flush draw, maybe pocket 8's. The river check by MP1 has me believing he missed his flush draw and then paid you off anyway. If he had pocket 8's, I'm not sure why he would have slowed down at the river 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif that doesn't appear to be of any help to anyone.

Not sure what the heck to put BB on - he calls 3 cold on the flop! Flopped middle pair and then prayed? Though, I've seen players play the same way with AA, KK, and QQ. It's not often, but I lmao when I see it. Especially when they do it at the 2/4 and 3/6 tables! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif His play was very weak and passive.

kurosh
11-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Qc Kc (one pair, kings).
MP1 has 8h 8d (one pair, eights).
Hero has Js Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 20.25 BB. </font>

Nice read on MP1. My question was if I played it right in general. I bet on the river because it looked like everyone missed their draws and no one raised on the king so I didn't think anyone hit it. The flop cap scared me, I didn't know if I was up against a made straight or if MP1 was going to check-raise on the river.

hagelito
11-05-2004, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Qc Kc (one pair, kings).
MP1 has 8h 8d (one pair, eights).
Hero has Js Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 20.25 BB. </font>

Nice read on MP1. My question was if I played it right in general. I bet on the river because it looked like everyone missed their draws and no one raised on the king so I didn't think anyone hit it. The flop cap scared me, I didn't know if I was up against a made straight or if MP1 was going to check-raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't have as good read on MP1 as you think, he just played bad - really bad, that's so typical for fish at this level - overvalue their pocketpairs (yes he had a backdoor str8-draw and then a gutshot on turn, but if he play like that he will lose a lot of money even if he wins now and then).

My read was that there where a pretty good chance someone had a K, which I thought MP1 had when he betted like that.

The thing is that if you bet the river with one or more overcards on board it's pretty big chance that the opponents with worse hands fold (you earn nothing but risk an extra bet) or if someone calls/raises they probably got pair of kings or better, so I would have checked. Other than the last bet I think you played right.

This is just my thoughts /images/graemlins/wink.gif

meep_42
11-05-2004, 05:24 PM
He had an OESD, 7(8)9T, on the flop.

-d

hagelito
11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah, where are my glasses - sorry. But I think he bet a bit to much even with an openended (and he payed for it), he didn't even draw for the nuts.