PDA

View Full Version : Trapped with trip 7s

The Setup
11-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Should the turn check-raise by the SB scare me into checking behind on the river? After the river check by the SB I was thinking maybe a fancy played two pair type hand so I raised not expecting to get check-raised again and I make a crying call on the end.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (15 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Nemesis
11-05-2004, 02:22 PM
I personally would 3 bet the turn and see what happens. I think that a set is too strong to be as passive with it as you were. If it gets capped on me and i'm led into again on the river i make a crying call. I think however that you're ahead most of the time and punish him to draw against you to hit his 4 outer if he has a 2 pair. If he has a straight you've got 10 outs to win.

Scotch78
11-05-2004, 02:55 PM
The turn check-raise smells like rotten tuna to me. I don't see the SB holding an 8, so I 3-bet and make him pay for it. On the river I'm thinking one of two things--either he's a tricky bastard who doesn't know when to give up, or he just made a bigger set.

Scott