PDA

View Full Version : bdk3clash in da house?.. or.. being 5 bet doesn't feel good.

bobdibble
11-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Crypto 2/4 pounds

Hero is button with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+1 calls, 2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop:

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, folded to Hero, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

Turn:

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, UTG caps

River:

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, UTG 5-bets, Hero sighs and calls.

[edit: missed sb's fold]

Evan
11-05-2004, 03:23 AM
what happened to SB? is there no cap headsup on crypto?

bobdibble
11-05-2004, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what happened to SB? is there no cap headsup on crypto?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB folded to my turn 3bet. (I just edited the original post)

And there is unlimited HU raising on crypto.

Danenania
11-05-2004, 04:55 AM
I would have just called the river 3-bet. You could almost fold to it if you had a read. The worst hand I can imagine him having is A9. AA and 99 are also possible. I can't think of anything else unless he would grossly overplay a lone 9.

In fact now that I think about it, it seems weird, but I think you should just call the first river bet unless you feel the guy is nutty.

MAxx
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
raise preflop?

bobdibble
11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have just called the river 3-bet. You could almost fold to it if you had a read. The worst hand I can imagine him having is A9. AA and 99 are also possible. I can't think of anything else unless he would grossly overplay a lone 9.

In fact now that I think about it, it seems weird, but I think you should just call the first river bet unless you feel the guy is nutty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that is what I thought after stepping back. Gettting capped on the turn was where the danger bells should have been ringing really, really, loudly I think... but I reverted to level 1.

bobdibble
11-05-2004, 01:52 PM
villian has 99 and MHING.

MAxx
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
i agree with just calling the river 3bet (insert read dependant disclaimer here). however, slowing down much earlier than that would also be wrong (insert read dependant disclaimer here).

bdk3clash
11-05-2004, 03:15 PM
I think I play this one the same but just call the river 3-bet, although people have said here that Crypto players are morons, so I don't think 4-betting is a big mistake, if it is one.

I'm fine with the preflop call (standard), the flop raise, and the turn 3-bet. UTG's bet-the-flop-check-raise-the-turn either means he planned on doing that (A9, 99) or hit something he liked on the turn (9x) so I would also have 3-bet the turn. Once he caps the turn, I guess once he 3-bets the river I just call.