PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods trip report.

Scorpion
11-05-2004, 02:01 AM
Went to Foxwoods tonight to play an act 1 to see if i could get on the WPT. I live about 40 minutes away I have just been too lazy to get there. I go to the poker room and this is the first time I have seen the new boards. Anyways, they have moved the sattelite area to the ballroom. I'm about to head down there when I hear "open seating 1/2 no limit."I decide to play for a bit and hopefully clear $60 to pay for the act.
Now the fun begins. Very loose table, standard preflop raise is $10-$15 People calling with K7 J4 and such. One hand I wasn't in flop is A K 3 $15 bet call turn A $30 bet call river 7 all in/call K4 for all in guy and K8 takes it down. Give me a hand please. I must look like a rock because 2 orbits I fold all but my blinds and go no further than the flop I miss.

Now for some hands. MP1 I look down and see K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. There was a limp in front of me I make it $15 all fold. Ugh. They must have me pegged as ROCK. 5 hands go by no card higher than 8 then i am in MP2 look down and see KK. UTG+1 makes it $10 1 caller I raise making it $35 to go again all fold.

Few hands go by I am in the big blind with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif about 6 of us see the flop of J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I lead out for $8 1 call CO raises to $16 I call as does 1 other. turn a blank I check EP checks CO bets $15 I call as does the other. River is the 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me the nuts. Here is where I screwed up I check and it gets checked around CO had J 8 I show the nuts and other guy mucks.

If you want more I am continuing in this thread.

Scorpion
11-05-2004, 02:35 AM
This next hand some might rip me for but I was sure of my read and went with it and gambled a bit. I am in the CO with K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 limpers I make it $10 which buys me the button and both limpers call. Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif checked to me I bet $25 EP reluctantly calls and I know he has a J worse kick MP3 checks his cards and pushes for about $120 I call instantly as does EP saying With all that $$ i have to call. Turn 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif river blank. EP flips J/10 MP3 mucks crying "wheres a /images/graemlins/heart.gif when I need 1 and my KJ holds up.
2 hands later I find A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button 4 limpers and I want to start using the chips I have and be more aggressive I make it $25 to go, all fold except villian from last hand with the flush draw. I think this is a tilt call. Flop is 964 rainbow villian checks I make it $35 he calls. Turn is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif he checks and I bet $125 he grubles and folds. Keep tilting.

Next big hand I am under the gun and make it $10 to go with red Aces 2 callers(both I have covered) flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I lead out for $50 hoping to take 1st limper pushes $85 next player pushes $140. $90 more to me for a $308 pot I call 1st guy flips J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2nd guy has Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif turn blank river is a beautiful A /images/graemlins/club.gif giving me quads and taking down a nice pot.

I am now sitting with around $800 just about covering the table at the moment. Next hand involves same villian as above. He is SB I am BB with K5. No raise 5 to flop of K 7 2 checked around. Turn is 5 villian bets 10 I raise 30 all fold villian flips K and folds. Now he is steaming but still a good laydown. Part 3 below.......

Scorpion
11-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Next hand is something I like to do image wise. UTG raises to 15 and I put him on AK folded to me in the BB with 44. I wait a few seconds and tell him I don't feel like playing a coinflip and muck them up.

I go on a run of Mid to low pocket pairs but hit no sets altough I bet the flop of Q 3 8 holding 55 and take it down.

A few hands later guy who was UTG in the 44 hand I folded makes it 12 to go 1 caller and i raise $30 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif villian mucks 77 and other mucks AKo.

Get KK again and limp UTG hoping to reraise I get my wish and take down the pot prefolp about $30.

New guy sitting to my right opens for 10 and I make it $30 with black J's. flop is low rags he bets 25 i raise to 60 he mucks 10's up.

Played a few more hands then left up $620 for 5 hours of play. All in all a good night I had many pockets tonight KK 3 times, JJ, 99, 44, 77, 55, 22, 44, and 88 only the aces hitting a set.

I never did play the Act 1 now I have to go back!

rookieplus
11-05-2004, 08:49 AM
You were in seat 5, right?

Some good players, some odd ones, some awful ones.

Would love to know your reads on the EP player without the hat, seat 4 (the guy with the book), the guy with the shamrock hat on your left, and the young guy with the sweater who took FOREVER to make his decisions.

Scorpion
11-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Rookie,

I had the NC State hat on. Which seat were you in?

Seat 1 almost always gave away his hand just by his motions. Quick when he had it, not sure look when he was weak. Shamrock hat bounced and loved to look at his chips when he had the goods. His card would hit he stared to his chips and counted down. The guy with the book was reckless and liked to chase. I saw a few of his hands, he didn't cover them well. He also bet all his draws heavy, and tried to milk it when he had it. That is why I called his all in with my pair of jacks. Remember I said "you have me beat but I'll call"? This was to have EP come along for the ride with his weak J. The kid with the sweater I didn't get much from and the only hand I was in with him was my pair of 9 hands which got turned up when they hit the dealers hand. That's my take on things if you see me up there again say hello.

rookieplus
11-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I was the one who engaged you in conversation about Julius Hodge.

Yesterday was my first losing session at FW (dropped $250 at your table). Had to come upstairs and play after getting knocked out of the Stud tournamnet on a hand where I was a 93% - 7% favorite (poker odds calculators don't make you feel any better when that happens, but I had to check) and got knocked out. My play probably suffered from that but I just didn't feel like driving home early.

I don't remember if you were there for the first hand where I had top two (JJTT) on the flop (JT7) and the kid on my left flopped the straight. It was that kind of a day for me yesterday. Too many second place hands.

Was fun playing with you. All in all, a pretty decent table to be at and decent dealers when I was there.

Would like to have seen you hit those quad aces but, as you know, I left a little before that. Shoot me a private message if you're going back and maybe we'll hook up.

Other reads - woman next to me - played any PP or AK and that's about it, very weak player. Easy to drive out even if she had something.

Phillies hat and Boston hat too loose for that table. Consistently played the same types of hands. Boston was a little Helmuth wanna be. Remember when I called him with A /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif the the flop was two clubs. He flipped over JJ and he went nuts ("how could you possibly call me with that?") until his buddy and one other player told him that I was almost 50/50 to win that hand.

The two 25ish guys in T-Shirts who came to the table when we were talking about Kapler were all over the place. Couldn't figure them out but I didn't think they knew what they were doing so how much could I learn from a tell?

Guy in the 8 seat - knit hat - seemed like he was trying to recover earlier losses from somewhere else. Ridiculous overbets and steal attempts. A guy who you could wait out and bust.

Do you remember the player who was dealt pocket aces and his hands were shaking so much when he went for his chips that everyone folded?

redart
11-05-2004, 11:55 PM
I was at Foxwoods yesterday and it took 1 1/2 hours to play an ACT I to save $90 towards the ACT II. My advise is to skip the ACT I and just play the II's. Maybe one more good player per game. But if you are looking to get into the WPT event they have LOTS of satellites down in the ballroom. $525 2 table, $1050 one table and of course the ACT's