PDA

View Full Version : AA vs KK --- what a small pot

captZEEbo1
11-05-2004, 01:55 AM
The guy that 3-bet pf is very very weak-tight, so I put him on QQ or KK for sure. The guy that cold-called 3 bets was terrible and very loose. He would presumably call stuff as weak as any overcard draw to the river (and then fold). That's the only thing I could think he could possibly have. So my line of thinking was, instead of telling the table I had AA pf, I was gonna c/r the turn, because the loose guy would then be forced to call the bet on the turn too after already calling the other guys bet (he probably wouldn't cold-call two bets, but would call another bet if he already put one in). I obviously get screwed on the flop, because the guy was a LITTLE more weak-tight than I ever thought possible. I think I didn't mention the stakes are $1/2 at party. Is it good to disguise AA pf and punish on the turn (if you think you aren't beat)? One problem was I was out of position.

CelticRitual posts small blind [$0.5].
Pocket_Pair posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to captZEEbo [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
captZEEbo raises [$2].
asperkins folds.
ZENNER1 folds.
slowhorse folds.
merkin24 folds.
malandra24 raises [$3].
K_sQuared folds.
HMF469 calls [$3].
CelticRitual folds.
Pocket_Pair folds.
captZEEbo calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
captZEEbo checks.
malandra24 checks. <- UREAL!
HMF469 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
captZEEbo bets [$2].
malandra24 calls [$2].
HMF469 folds. <- BAH!
** Dealing River ** [ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
>You have options at Table 14253 Table!.
captZEEbo bets [$2].
malandra24 calls [$2].
captZEEbo shows [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif ] two pairs, aces and jacks.
malandra24 doesn't show [ K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
captZEEbo wins $17.75 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and jacks.

TripleH68
11-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Cap preflop. You have the best hand.

daveymck
11-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Cap PF.

Lead the flop, three bet if comes back to you.

Dont disguise Aces by limping PF thats only asking for them to get cracked.

Finally post 1/2 in micro.

donny5k
11-05-2004, 06:43 AM
You aren't going to win the bets back that you gave up preflop and on the flop in passive games. You gave up almost 1.5 small bets in equity by not capping preflop. These type of players won't 3-bet any street after the flop if you check-raise, so you are missing a lot of bets.

sthief09
11-05-2004, 07:04 AM
as CDC says, "betting is underrated"

cap preflop and lead the flop