PDA

View Full Version : math Question omaha8

01-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Lets say I start with AA3x and raise in late position and find myself playing against the big blind.

Now, the flop comes K 9 2. The big blind comes out betting-I raise- he re raises me.

Now I put him on a 2 pair. (lets say the chance hes bluffing is as big as the chance he has trips just to make things easier)

What are the odds that I improve to beat him or reach the low to get half, or to put it simpler; am I the favorite?

If no lowcard comes I will call if the board pairs on the lastcard, but fold otherwise.

And how to go about to make the proper calculations...

thx

01-02-2002, 11:08 PM
he may also have a very big straight draw such as 8,10,J,Q...be it that, or a set, or 2 pair...whichever, it seems he has a better chance of making his hand stronger than do you, unlikely you will win high.

as to low, unable to locate the chart which tells, but as I recall when there is only one low card on the flop, then in only about 25% of the time will there be 3 low cards on the board at the end. unlikey that you will win low

it's one of those times when you have a beauty before the flop and not much afterwardslater.

01-02-2002, 11:38 PM
I see your point, but it acctually turned out he had K9xx and I filled up with two running fives and called him down. I knew he knew I was a fairly strong player and would put me on a legit hand, hence I felt he was value betting, and not trying for a free card(not very free btw after threebetting) So the real question for me was should I have put in a cap, even though I was trailing, therefor the odds question.

thanks for the input

=)

01-03-2002, 01:57 AM
I think that you got lucky. I don't think you should have raised the flop, and in fact may have just wanted to call him down.

If he had two pair, then your only legitimate outs to take a piece of high was an ace or one of the board cards (probably the five) to pair so you had five real outs with 5.5 bets in the pot and 1 bet to you. Not much of a hand, considering that another likely hand was trips of some kind (probably top trips) which eliminates the majority of your outs. With the backdoor low possibilities to rescue you and the bluffing possibility as likely as trips, you barely have a call, in my opinion.