PDA

View Full Version : Wildest SNG ive ever been in

SoSlick
11-05-2004, 12:48 AM
This was a home game, they said we were going to play tourny style, so i said id hop in. 5$ buy in, 9 people in the game. we started with 5$ in chips. 10 cent chips 25 cents 50 cents. blinds started at 10 cent 20 cent. blinds raised when every two people got out /images/graemlins/confused.gif very odd game... its maybe the 20th hand, 8 people left, still 10 20 cent blinds, i am abotu 5$ still, everyone else has a little over 6$.. i did not play a hand yet, so everyone figures i am a tight player... i am utg with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif i rasied it to 75 cents.. everyone was shocked that i was in the hand so everyone folded to the dealer... he calls and the two blinds fold.. now my read on this guys is that he'll play anythign with an Ace and an King with a higher card then a 6.. so flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif ... i checked.. he bet a dollar, i pushed... was that a bad move? should i have raised more preflop, should i have called.. someone help because i cant keep playing with these idiots anymore...

Allinlife
11-18-2004, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i cant keep playing with these idiots anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]
good poker starts with modesty

willie
11-18-2004, 11:22 PM
similar to how the pros have decided to start keeping the pots small with their big hands in tournies

you have to proceed with great caution against maniacs

keep the pots small and you will keep yourself from going broke because they can seriously have any 2 cards

i raise to 4x 4 handed in a home game (with maniacs)

2 callers
k high flop, bet call, i push all in

get called by k4 for a flopped 2 pair

you jsut have to to slow down and gridn them away unless you have a REAAALLY monster hand in which case fleece them quickly.

i mean you can't fold queens but, you might just want to call and see what he does on the turn

i'm positive he had the old 7t suited or something

games are really hard to beat.