PDA

View Full Version : Am I weak-tight? Some 2/4 Hands

PaultheS
11-05-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm so confused recently. Please give me a hand.

(These were in the first 20 hands I played tonight, so no reads yet.)

Hand 1:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Hand 2:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Hand 3:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds...

Hand 4:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

elindauer
11-05-2004, 01:08 AM
You're doing fine. After so many tough folds in such a short time though, assume others have noticed and be inclined to call down a couple to make sure they aren't taking shots at you.

Good luck.
Eric

A_C_Slater
11-05-2004, 01:10 AM
On hand 2 I would re raise the flop with my top pair.
If he caps then you can safely say you're probably
beaten. Otherwise, you don't seem to be weak tight
to me.

It does seem strange that it's MP1 who keeps attacking
you, but it's probably just a coincidence.

Did you find out during the session if he was a maniac?
Your laydowns were acceptable if he wasn't.

ThePimpulator
11-05-2004, 02:12 AM
It is my experience that one must be very sure about folding to a turn raise headsup at Party 2/4. It really is quite shocking how many times people are taking a shot. With out a read on the guy id be inclined to call with the JJ. Im sure there is some ego/macho thing going on with 2/4 players or they are influenced by the TV action hands. I think for some of these recreational guys that must be where the enjoyment is coming from, the high of bluffing someone out. They dont seem content with trying to play as well as they can. Unless they think that's what the main part of the game is.

I would also 3bet the pair of 8's.

MicroBob
11-05-2004, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They dont seem content with trying to play as well as they can. Unless they think that's what the main part of the game is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!!!

Most novices think that 'bluffing you out' with total garbage is the highest quality of poker.
I've had people tell me...."do you bluff a lot when you play?? I have a friend who plays and he told me he once bluffed on 12 hands in a row and won them all because he REALLY knows how to do it right!!"

TripleH68
11-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Hand 1: good fold.

Hand 2: he has position on you. if he has a 3, why not wait until the turn to pop you on a drawless board?

Hand 3: good fold.

Hand 4: tricky one here. given your previous folds, two hearts my be taking a shot at you.

Saving bets is important, but once in awhile you need to take a stand so the table does not keep running at you.

TripleH68
11-05-2004, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They dont seem content with trying to play as well as they can. Unless they think that's what the main part of the game is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!!!

Most novices think that 'bluffing you out' with total garbage is the highest quality of poker.
I've had people tell me...."do you bluff a lot when you play?? I have a friend who plays and he told me he once bluffed on 12 hands in a row and won them all because he REALLY knows how to do it right!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I get run at alot because I am not afraid to lay down. They must take notes.