PDA

View Full Version : limp raise from the button causes concern

fairness
11-05-2004, 12:23 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

anyone play this different? the button's limp reraise kind of freaked me out. i was multitabling so no read on this guy at the time, i know for a fact that UTG+1 is the mother of all calling stations so him being in didn't concern me the least.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

fairness
11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
bump.

Shillx
11-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Button either has a great hand (like AA/KK) or suited trash (Axs, J9s, etc). Given the fact that he only backraised one caller leads me to believe the former. I don't mind 3-betting this flop to see how the button reacts. If he caps the flop I'm ready to let go on the turn unimproved. If he just calls I would assume I'm in good shape unless he comes to life again on the turn.

The Shill

Transference
11-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Most limp reraises Ive seen lately idicate a pocket pair. Thats not to say that AA isnt also popular, but no need to play scared.

I think this hand becomes much easier to play if you 3 bet that flop.

fairness
11-05-2004, 01:58 AM
i knew i should have 3bet it, but the limp raise kind of threw me off my game. i've seen the limp/raise before but it's usually been from an early position. didn't know what to make of the limp/raise from the button.

Shillx
11-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Next time check-raise the button. You better protect your hand and you save a small bet if he has you beat. Then if he 3-bets the flop dump it on the turn if you dont improve.

The Shill