PDA

View Full Version : KK with aces paired flop

Greg J
11-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Table read: morons. Total fish, but they like to be tricky.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Greg calls, BB calls.

I would rather see two aces than one, that is for sure.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Greg calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Greg checks.

Do you check this through too?

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Greg J
11-04-2004, 11:10 PM

hagelito
11-04-2004, 11:40 PM
I would check because a bet would probably not help you, if they have nothing they fold - you win nothing extra by that bet, or if someone calls/raises they win the pot with aces, str8 or flush (even high two-pair is possible) and you lose 1-2 extra big bets.

But I on the other hand wouldn't be there at showdown, I would have folded to UTG turn bet. Most players at this level (and maybe higher too) overvalues their pocketpairs.

umdpoker
11-04-2004, 11:44 PM
yeah, i check it through. i'll probably get flamed for saying that, however.

trumpman84
11-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Checking through is good..you are unlikely to only be called/raised by flushes or trip aces at this point. BB is a likely candidate for the flush but didn't bet the river for fear of the full house (or trying to get tricky with a check raise). BB could also have pocket pair 5s-Ts (or maybe he paired his four). It's also possible he has a very weak ace and thinks his kicker is no good. UTG probably has an ace or is just trying desperately to steal the pot.

detruncate
11-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Yeah. I check.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-05-2004, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But I on the other hand wouldn't be there at showdown, I would have folded to UTG turn bet. Most players at this level (and maybe higher too) overvalues their pocketpairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding would probably be a mistake in most instances especially when your opponents are discribed as "morons." UTG could have a flush draw or a lower pocket pair because he too might think that with an AA on the board it's unlikely hero has an A either. or whatever reasons they might have.

however, if there's further resistence on the turn other than UTG's original bet i'd muck.

hagelito
11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding would probably be a mistake in most instances especially when your opponents are discribed as "morons." UTG could have a flush draw or a lower pocket pair because he too might think that with an AA on the board it's unlikely hero has an A either. or whatever reasons they might have.

however, if there's further resistence on the turn other than UTG's original bet i'd muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he think they all where morons doesn't mean they all are morons. I too play 0.5/1 at Party and I've never been in a game with all morons, if there is 4-5 morons it's a great game, but I've never been in a game with more than 5 morons at Party (I don't say the others are great players). And even morons catch good hands and specially if there are 6 players on the flop.

But yes, it's better with two aces than one. But I did some tests before to see how often someone made trips at a paired board - the different tests showed that trips was made between 55-64% of the paired flops. If you want to gamble it's ok for me.

I may lose a pot now and then, but that's ok for me. On the other hand I usually save 2-3 big bets every time I would have lost (which is most of the time when I fold) and that means that if I save money 5 pots in a row it's the same as I win a +13 BB pot wich is ok for me.

/Hagel.