PDA

View Full Version : Rebluff

Hydro
11-04-2004, 08:22 PM
10/20 blinds, 6 table turbo, $35

Me: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB

MP limps, folded to me, i make it 100, he calls.

I am an aggressive player so I know what im doing.

Flop comes.

Q 4 Q rainbow.

I bet $200 to see where he is at, he min raises to $400.

So now i think what he has. Does he have Q? I said 0% no because he would just call me and that he wouldnt call with small pocket pair or has anything callable (he limped remember?)

So I push all in thinking he bluffed me back. He Folds.

COmments? I think this is just one of those things an expert learns through expirence.

tigerite
11-04-2004, 08:30 PM
I had something similar tonight with 77 in EP with one caller and the flop came 5 A A, and got a minraise back, and pushed all in.

Unfortunately he called, and turned over TT. Oops.

rjb03
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
I do this once in a while if I think I have a decent read about betting patterns of this particular player and his competence level. The BB does tend to bluff more often when the SB open limps or raises trying to defend his blind against a "thief" and these opportunities are usually the best to exploit. I'm not sure I'd put up too much of a fuss at 10/20 for his t20 though.

Hydro
11-04-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had something similar tonight with 77 in EP with one caller and the flop came 5 A A, and got a minraise back, and pushed all in.

Unfortunately he called, and turned over TT. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well here is what I think. any reasonable person would call with:

If he hit the trips (duh)
If he has 99+

WHy i didnt think the first one is obvious, same reason as you. The second hand(99+) i didnt think he had because he limped in for 20.

rachelwxm
11-05-2004, 11:25 AM
I don't see your logic why he could not have a Q? Not everybody like to slow play trips.

If I have a pocket pair, I think it's a good move. But with KTs?

So unless you read him as a bluffer, you get lucky to force him lay down the best hand.

Phill S
11-05-2004, 12:23 PM
i used to limp QJ like this, id have called your bet preflop, raised you min to take control of the hand, then go into the tank making a crying call with my trip Qs weak kicker.

of course now i wouldnt play QJ for 20 as ive tightened up a load, but not many people are as tight as me at a table.

so a Q isnt beyond the realms of possibility.

id bet because i like to be the aggressor (unless i feel comfortable in trapping them, and not giving away draws etc on his terms). im sure others (read fish) would bet here because the have 3 queens with their granny-mae, and 3 of any card is worth raising right?? and they certainly wouldnt fold even with a 5 kicker.

Phill
ps, i think there is nothing more dangerous than calling yourself an expert of anything

jcm4ccc
11-05-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So now i think what he has. Does he have Q? I said 0% no

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you're more certain that he doesn't have a queen than I am that OJ is guilty. And I'm pretty damn certain of that.