PDA

View Full Version : Getting a gift for a guy you don't know very well...

bonanz
11-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I need to get a relatively cheap gift for a coworker I am friendly with, but not really that close.

his girlfriend suggested "anything "Simpsons " , "Seinfeld", "vegas", "poker", "alcoholic", or just plain "wackey"... "

anyone have any interesting suggestions for something neat to give to someone you don't know very well using the descriptions above.

WEASEL45
11-04-2004, 07:40 PM
You could get him a descent bottle of liquor

Homer
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to get a relatively cheap gift for a coworker I am friendly with, but not really that close.

his girlfriend suggested "anything "Simpsons " , "Seinfeld", "vegas", "poker", "alcoholic", or just plain "wackey"... "

anyone have any interesting suggestions for something neat to give to someone you don't know very well using the descriptions above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Option 1 - Poker

1) Sign up as an affiliate at Party Poker

2) Create a CD with your affiliate information

3) Give it to your friend and tell him to signup, then log back in the next day and check his balance

4) Fund his account with $50 with Quick Cash

5) Get paid $75, making a $25 profit and coming off as generous in the process

Option 2 - Seinfeld

Give him a card stating that a donation has been in his name to the Human Fund.

nolanfan34
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Option 2 - Seinfeld

Give him a card stating that a donation has been in his name to the Human Fund.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

Seriously though, what's the gift for? Golf balls are always an easy option, if he's a golfer.

Duke
11-04-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could get him a descent bottle of liquor

[/ QUOTE ]

Alcohol that goes down on him? I want one of those too.

~D

M2d
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Hellmuth's book

Ulysses
11-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Alcohol is the right answer. Tell us how much you want to spend and we'll give you the specific correct answer.

astroglide
11-04-2004, 09:32 PM
you better not suggest belvedere or peat moss

bonanz
11-04-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell us how much you want to spend and we'll give you the specific correct answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically i don't want to spend much at all maybe 30 bucks max. how about i buy him a bottle of crown (my favorite) and drink half of it myself at his little get-together, then make an ass of myself with the old lamp shade on the head routine.

Ulysses
11-04-2004, 11:02 PM
That sounds like an excellent plan.

tolbiny
11-04-2004, 11:04 PM
The Clap.

nolanfan34
11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
basically i don't want to spend much at all maybe 30 bucks max. how about i buy him a bottle of crown (my favorite) and drink half of it myself at his little get-together, then make an ass of myself with the old lamp shade on the head routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also endorse this plan. No guy I know would ever consider alcohol a bad gift.

kyro
11-05-2004, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I also endorse this plan. No guy I know would ever consider alcohol a bad gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunon. after tongiht i must say i disagree.

david050173
11-05-2004, 03:18 AM
a lap dance. And it isn't even close /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bonanz
11-05-2004, 04:24 AM
so i went out tonight and bought a bottle fo crown as a sort of "test run". notw i'mf ucked up? would it be cool to give him a partially drinken bottle of crow.? maybe i couldjust put some appple juisce or waterin it to make it lookf full again? WHAT ABOUT THAT? THE BOTLE I BOUGHT CAME WITH 2 GLASSES? HOW ABOUT I GIVE HIM THOSE? BUT I REALLY LIKE THE GLSASSES AND DONT WANT OT GIVE THEM AWAY. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS. HOW ABOUT A T-SHIRT THAT SAYS "THE RUSH" ACROSS THE CHEST?

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth's book

[/ QUOTE ]
Qualifies as poker and wackey.