PDA

View Full Version : Best turn play with my overcards?

NetShadow
11-04-2004, 06:03 PM
How would you play this turn? I've just sat down a few minutes before this and don't have much in the way of dependable reads.

I've been reading a lot of SSHE lately and am trying to adjust correctly for pot size. I judged at this point that this was a "large" pot. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

[about the flop: my relative position to the bettor made it unlikely a raise by me would fold anyone holding a low pair or AK since they had already called for one bet (and I certainly can't fold the flush or straight draws). I put the bettor on a probable (medium to high) overpair. Still, the pot is very large, so I call.]

Turn: (11.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ... ?

What's your play here?

davelin
11-04-2004, 06:06 PM
checks, calls back one possibly, folds two.

PokerIsLife
11-04-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm leaning towards C/F.

nyc999
11-04-2004, 06:15 PM
check/fold, your outs might not even be good in this situation

LowDown22
11-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I think I check and call one bet on this turn. Pot is large, you'll likely only need 3 outs to continue with proper pot odds. There's a chance MP3 holds KK,JJ,QQ,AK, all of which you have 3+ outs against. It's worth the call to me.

itsmesteve
11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
have to agree with the rest of the gang. check and then i'd call if its only one bet back to me