PDA

View Full Version : Just how insane are the PLO?

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 04:49 PM
1) Why haven't the PLO disclosed exactly what ails Arafat?

Why? Because they would rather their minions, the average Palestinian deify him, and a deity does not die of natural causes. He simply dies mysteriously. The PLO Arabs would much rather have him die mysteriously so they can turn him into a mythical figure for future wars and incitement against Israel.

How mythical can a man be if he catches leukemia or cancer, the same diseases that kill everyone else?

2) Why haven't they officially confirmed his death, which obviously happened hours ago?

I suspect that after the news was first released, PA strongmen demanded the hospital, government of Luxembourg, and French PR people deny his death until a politically convenient time. If he's only clinically dead, they'll wait to send him over the edge until a politically convenient time.

Jeez. Just pull the damn plug.

That being said, I want to see his cold, dead, lifeless body, as I think about all the people he has personally caused to die.

Hell, I may even move back.

jakethebake
11-04-2004, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Why haven't the PLO disclosed exactly what ails Arafat?

Why? Because they would rather their minions, the average Palestinian deify him, and a deity does not die of natural causes. He simply dies mysteriously. The PLO Arabs would much rather have him die mysteriously so they can turn him into a mythical figure for future wars and incitement against Israel.

How mythical can a man be if he catches leukemia or cancer, the same diseases that kill everyone else?

2) Why haven't they officially confirmed his death, which obviously happened hours ago?

I suspect that after the news was first released, PA strongmen demanded the hospital, government of Luxembourg, and French PR people deny his death until a politically convenient time.

That being said, I want to see his cold, dead, lifeless body.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who cares. The PLO are abunch of whack jobs. We're all aware. Thanks for the update. Before Nicky can respond: The Israelis are a bunch of whiney babies that think the whole world hates them for no reason. We're aware. Thanks in advance for the update.

tripdad
11-04-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, I want to see his cold, dead, lifeless body, as I think about all the people he has personally caused to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

revenge is a two edged sword, my friend.

cheers!

Neil Stevens
11-04-2004, 04:57 PM
PLO isn't insane if you have the proper bankroll, but yeah, PLO (especially PLO/8) can be pretty mind-bending if you're used to Hold'em.

As for Arafat, I'm glad the French are caring for him. That just lets us know for certain, without any doubt, which side of the war on terror they are on.

As for Arafat's henchmen, remember that it's all they are. If any of them make a move without, say, having seen Arafat's body in person, they may be afraid that Arafat may come back later and kill them for treason or whatever. You don't become a rich leader of a bloody terrorist organization without having ways of keeping power.

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
I fold.

Victor
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as I think about all the people he has personally caused to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can take solace in the fact that your fearless leader Sharon has caused far more.

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Sharon has caused far more.

Only to protect them from Arafat.

PITTM
11-04-2004, 05:25 PM
the tighetest part is that everytime their is a suicide bombing, the isreali army goes into the persons village and destroys it, often including the women and children. i would say the isreali army is much more insane.

rj

jakethebake
11-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Arafot caused far more but only to protect them from Sharon.

What a bunch of idiots.

Koller
11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the isreali army is much more insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

Victor
11-04-2004, 05:39 PM
right. i see now. when sharon authorizes massacres in refuge camps that clearly protects people.

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Don't give me that.

There is far greater incentive for Israel and Sharon to make peace than there is for Arafat.

Arafat has nothing to lose by keeping his people on the warpath.

I've already posted why Israel is in such dire need of peace. (hint: no current access to middle east oil, high defence spending destroys Israeli economy and robs 18-21 year olds plus older reservists from the workforce)

As I said before, the Israeli government, by virtue of its parliamentary electoral system, is accountable to its citizenry. Arafat, as a self-elected (and through subsequent sham-elections has maintained power) is not accountable to anyone and up until his death maintains virtually full control over all affairs of the PLO.

Again. Sharon has great incentive to talk peace. Arafat has virtually none, as his personal worth is well over $1 billion.

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Maybe it's that the people who recruit and send off these bombers sit in houses and fire at soldiers who are trying to capture them while parents send their children out into the street to throw rocks and Molotov cocktails at soldiers.

Maybe it's just me.

daveymck
11-04-2004, 07:07 PM
I posted a link in one of the other threads that suggests he has Aids and also is bisexual, I suspect they would not advetise either of those facts.

goldcowboy
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
They mentioned on the news that his wife hadn't seen him in over 4 years. Maybe now we know why.

Gamblor
11-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Because he pays her over $100,000 a month from the EU's Palestinian development fund to stay in Paris.

On a side note, it's slightly revealing as to exactly how different values are in the Arab world that a wife hasn't seen her husband in 4 years and it's hardly worth raising an eyebrow.

lorinda
11-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Whilst you'll think this post is a joke, and to some degree it is, every comment in it is actually true.

A friend of mine and I had an Arafat/Saddam last longer bet several years ago.

I'm not going to rip him off, however we both knew this kind of ending might occur and said that we wouldn't settle until it is 'official'

Now, several years later, it has occured to both of us that we really should have defined 'official' (We had the same problem when rumours were around that Saddam had died in the war).

Any input as to when someone is 'officially' dead would be appreciated.
I'm not a sore loser, but I also want to stay within the confines of the rules, as he'd certainly do the same to me (and in fact said as much when it appeared he was going to lose)

Lori

arabie
11-04-2004, 09:37 PM
"right. i see now. when sharon authorizes massacres in refuge camps that clearly protects people."

Was he not aquitted of that charge? My memory may be misleading me.

arabie
11-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I would say your logic and facts are insane. Israel dynamites houses of suicide bombers families (w/o them inside), they by no means go in and mass murder women and child like you're implying.
I have two cousins in the Israeli army who often firsthand set off the dynamite to houses and can assure you that the blowing up of houses is the counsequence for being associated with terrorist bombings, aiding tunnel construction, or militant affiliation. Obviously there are warcrimes in the army and things happen when a state is forced to protect itself in a constant state of hostility. There are criminals in every day society and when you send so many people to the army, not ever soldier will obey the rules. Simple probability.
The point is that the Palestinan militant groups outright say they are trying to destroy Israel (not create 2 states), and that no Jews are permitted to occupy land in Arabia. You will never find an Israeli command or authority ever to permit the killing of an innocent life unless in the direct defiance of an Israeli policy. The types of war damges that occur involve palestinian children throwing rocks at israeli soldiers, and often shooting at them. Then troops send warning shots back, and one of many bullets bounces off a wall and hits a kid. What can you say, this isn't america, canada, england or wherever. This is an evironment that is so small and filled with so much chaos. There are troops everywhere, anywhere is a potential target, bombings are common occurances in tons of public areas in the tiny country it is.
Im willing to admit that soldiers do get out of hand, but I do not blame them for the environment they were exposed to. I believe the problem is not the soldiers, its the people who made a need for them.

Zeno
11-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Delusions are self-perpetuating. The PLO will go down the dizzying path of self-immolation that is the doom of all fanatical organizations. They will devour themselves with their own hate.

-Zeno

PITTM
11-05-2004, 12:14 AM
you realize that it is their land right? if people came and took over america and you fought back, would YOU be the terrorist then?

rj

Abednego
11-05-2004, 01:44 AM
It is not their land ...... both Jews and non-Jews have lived in that part of the world since the dawn of history.

Israel is a legitimate sovereign state.

Gamblor
11-05-2004, 02:58 AM
He was found indirectly responsible.

It was determined that he should have known the Lebanese would commit those crimes, but he was unable to stop them even if he tried.

nicky g
11-05-2004, 05:30 AM
"It was determined that he should have known the Lebanese would commit those crimes, but he was unable to stop them even if he tried. "

Breaking through the Arab lines (in violation of an agreement with the US) in order to allow the Phalangists in to the camps, followed lighting up the camps for three days with flares and ordering the blocking of all exits to all people inside including women and children despit ethem and the international community screaming blue murder and begging him to intervene: sounds like he tried very hard to "stop it."

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Whine! Whine! Whine! Everyone is out to get us! Waaaaaaaaah!
[ QUOTE ]
Don't give me that.

There is far greater incentive for Israel and Sharon to make peace than there is for Arafat.

Arafat has nothing to lose by keeping his people on the warpath.

I've already posted why Israel is in such dire need of peace. (hint: no current access to middle east oil, high defence spending destroys Israeli economy and robs 18-21 year olds plus older reservists from the workforce)

As I said before, the Israeli government, by virtue of its parliamentary electoral system, is accountable to its citizenry. Arafat, as a self-elected (and through subsequent sham-elections has maintained power) is not accountable to anyone and up until his death maintains virtually full control over all affairs of the PLO.

Again. Sharon has great incentive to talk peace. Arafat has virtually none, as his personal worth is well over $1 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
11-05-2004, 09:29 AM
It's just too bad we didn't let the Arabs wipe out the Israelis when we had the chance, like before there ever was an Israel.

Victor
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Gamblor is half right. He was found indirectly responsible by an Israeli investigation coalition.

He is still wanted for war crimes and recently was let off by a court in Belgium on a technicality. Basically, they couldnt prosecute because there is a clause against prosecuting someone unless he is found on Belgium soil. It is possible he will be tried later when his term is over. Seems doubtful he will be indicted since most key players in the massacres seem to conviently be assasinated whenever a trial is near.

technicality (http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0626-03.htm)

Do some searches and you will find a very corrupt and bloody story. I am a little too busy right now.

MMMMMM
11-05-2004, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just too bad we didn't let the Arabs wipe out the Israelis when we had the chance, like before there ever was an Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

People hate the Jews out of envy. The Jews study hard and work hard, and deserve the financial success they have had.

Letting a bunch of barbarians (by comparison) mop the floor with them would have been a bad thing. And by the way, "barbarians" also applies to those Russians and Europeans who indulged in Jew-hatred and pogroms over the years.

By the way, I'm not Jewish.

Jew-haters are very misguided and you are misguided jakethebake.

Chris Alger
11-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Israel owes its existence not to a continuous Jewish presence in Palestine but to the U.K.-supported Zionist invasion and ultimate takeover between 1918 and 1948, culminating with the ethnic cleansing of 90% of the indigenous population in what is now "Israel," the only country in the world who refuses to define its continually encroaching borders. Zionism was in turn a supremacist movement born during the "Golden Age" of European imperialism and led by secularists, having little to do with liturgical Judaism. For example, the Jewish population in Palestine in 1880 was less than 3% of the population, virtually all non-Zionist (later forming the local backbone of religious anti-Zionism).

Neither Jews nor Arabs have lived in the area since "the dawn of history," unless perhaps you are a fundamentalist nut who believes the earth was created 4,000 years ago. There is no trace of a Jewish presence in Palestine before 1300 BCE, which by then had been continuously settled and populated for more than 8,000 years. Arabic language and culture arrived after 635 CE. Palestinian Arabs are descendants of a wide range of national groups, most likely including Israelites left behind during the Babylonian captivity of 587 BCE.