PDA

View Full Version : QJs turn/river play

MHarris
11-04-2004, 04:49 PM
BB is a TAG (methinks he may be a 2+2er). I've played at least 500 hands with him, and he seems to have a read on me.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Town Drunk is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Town Drunk calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Town Drunk calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Town Drunk raises</font>, BB calls.
I'm figuring BB is capable of folding a bad T or smaller pocket pair when I raise. When he doesn't, I figure him for a decent T.

River: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Town Drunk checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Anyone play this differently?

Col Klink
11-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I like raising the flop with 2 overcards as part of my straight draw. It can get you some more outs and if a bunch of players call, you have a big draw anyway. If everyone folds except the BB, you might win the pot with a bet on the turn.

Fat Nicky
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
I lean towards raising the flop to eliminate the remaining players yet to act to clean up my Q and J outs.

Based on your play of the hand, I like the turn raise when the board pairs. Unless he has the unlikely full house, you have a ton of outs.

On the river, it's close, but I'd take a shot at the pot by betting.

Sadat X
11-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I would also raise the flop. Build the pot. A lot of turn cards can help your hand.

sublime
11-04-2004, 05:21 PM
raise the flop my man

Chris Daddy Cool
11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
i would raise preflop sometimes.

i would definitely raise the flop.

the turn semi-bluff is somewhat questionable. it really depends if you think this guy is capable of folding though. but sometimes when semi-bluffing thinking players, the thinking player will see the picked up flush draw as well and be more inclined to call you there than say if you raised when a blank hit.