PDA

View Full Version : remember when dan quayle ran for president in 2000?

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
that was funny.

Men the Master
11-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Remember when the Liberal Tom Daschle became the first Senate leader to lose his office in 2004? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!

Toro
11-04-2004, 04:52 PM
That was funny. What is funnier is that his clone got the nomination instead and is now embarking on his second term. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KanigawaCards7
11-04-2004, 04:53 PM
gee I didnt know that youd take it personally. I just thought it was funny that he ran. just like it was funny when al sharpton and dennis kucinich ran.

Men the Master
11-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Okay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tripdad
11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was funny. What is funnier is that his clone got the nomination instead and is now embarking on his second term. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

my God, you are an idiot sometimes.

cheers!

Toro
11-04-2004, 05:10 PM
You mean you don't see the similarities between Q and W?

tripdad
11-04-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean you don't see the similarities between Q and W?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are similarities between Quayle and Kerry. they are certainly not clones.

GWB is a leader. an executive...has been since the early 80's. does GWB hold some views that are similar to Q's? sure. but there are also differences. the most important distinction between the two is simply the ability to lead men(and women) effectively. a Senator who has never been an executive, privately or publicly, falls short of that quality. Senators are simply debaters by trade.

cheers!

Matty
11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember when the Liberal Tom Daschle became the first Senate leader to lose his office in 2004? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Not true.

Men the Master
11-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Tom Daschle was never Senate leader?

Matty
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
He wasn't the first. He's the first in 13 Presidential elections.

It's been common courtesy for a long time to not go after the other Party's Senate leader. So much for courtesy and unity.

tripdad
11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
not the first to lose.

cheers!

jakethebake
11-04-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't the first. He's the first in 13 Presidential elections.

It's been common courtesy for a long time to not go after the other Party's Senate leader. So much for courtesy and unity.

[/ QUOTE ] I think he said in 2004, not first ever. And what do you mean "go after"? Common courtesy for who? I'm not being snide. I'm not sure what you mean.

adios
11-04-2004, 05:49 PM

Blarg
11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
GWB is a figurehead, not a leader. His dad's money has done all the leading for him he's ever needed in his life.

Blarg
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
In all the years I've read Time Magazine, the only time I saw them fawn over anything as much as they did Dan Quayle when he announced he was running for president was when they cheered the coming of AIDS and herpes, and when they ran their elaborate issue on the bible.

tripdad
11-04-2004, 11:27 PM
GWB certainly had all the opportunity in the world because of his family's money. the fact is, however, that he created his own wealth by the sale of an oil company he owned (yes...bought with a loan from dad), and the sale of the Texas Rangers.

as far as leadership, to call him merely a figurehead is to misunderstand true leadership. he has an extraordinarily loyal staff and cabinet. these people are not your typical hangers-on/followers. there are many examples of his leadership...too numerous to mention...both as President, governor of Texas, and as owner of the Rangers. he nearly single handedly secured the new stadium for the Rangers with unrelenting, door to door grassroots campaigning. it was then his fellow owners voted him controlling partner, even though there were no less than 3 men who had more money invested. again, not lackies(sp?) we're talking about here.

cheers!