PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet or call this turn?

MHarris
11-04-2004, 04:27 PM
No read on MP1.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (1.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero......?

House-Lion
11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
call
The only hands you are ahead of is 6-4 or a presumably slow-played bare ace or something like Q+big_kicker, depending on reads those could ofcourse be very likly holdings at 3/6 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

butters
11-04-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm having a hard time putting MP1 on a hand. He open-limps preflop, checks the flop, and then raises your turn bet. 44? A4? 66?

I'd three-bet, because I think you're best here. If he caps, I'd check-call the river, for information if nothing else.

Also, the BB betting out on the turn after the flop has been check around is a common steal move. He might be raising you with a weaker than average hand thinking you're pulling a fast one.

Fat Nicky
11-04-2004, 04:37 PM
A majority of the time, I think you still have the best hand, even when raised on the turn. Since the flop was checked through, MP1 could be raising anything from a weak A to a pair of queens to a mid pocket pair.

That said, i would call the turn raise and lead the river.

The reason I don't 3-bet is that this is not a hand that you want to face a cap with.