PDA

View Full Version : PacificPoker 6k Guaranteed

toss
11-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Theres about 300 players and we all start with t800. Anyone have any tips for a guy that only plays limit?

And if you want to watch (and laugh) I'm playing under Tossman.

toss
11-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Okay my current strategy is supertight play. I folded KQ offsuite from UTG. If that the right play?

toss
11-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Theres now 100 players left and I'm shortstacked with t1005 chips. I've resorted to giong allin once I see two faces or better.

I told myself I would be happy getting into the top 100.

Cleveland Guy
11-04-2004, 03:54 PM
What are blinds at? How many pay?

Don't give up the ship yet.

toss
11-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Well I finished in 72nd place. I had 1575 chips left and everyone at my table pretty much had me covered 3 times over. In the next round the blinds were going to hit 200/400 so if I was going to make a move I had to make it Now. I received Q/images/graemlins/club.gif10/images/graemlins/club.gif in SB. Everyone folded to me. So I think "Okay my hand should be good enough to steal from Mr.BigBlind." I work up my nerve and hit the allin button. And Mr.BigBlind thinks for the longest time. My heart is literally out my mouth and bouncing around the room like a cat thats just been thrown in water. Thirty seconds pass by. The room is Completely dead silent. Thrity more seconds more for him to act. I can hardly take the suspense anymore and I start comtemplating suicide. Finally the clock runs out and he folds. I collapse onto the ground like a cat thats been thrown into water.

I thinks alls well UNTIL I SEE SOMEONE UTG CALLED TOO. He calls quicker than a cat thats been thrown in water. The flop comes 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif I nearly vomit with delight at when I see the queen. The turn come A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and the river follows up with another A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif The cards are tuned over along with my stomach. He holds AK. I fall into a coma and wake up several hours later with a puddle of urine on the floor.

Well please excuse my excitement but this is the first time I've played in a big fat tournament. In hindsight I would have played much more agressive and take an early chip lead. Then I would tighten up until I was in the money. (Top 30 pays) Looking back I was dazed and confused. Like a cat thats been thro***Gets lynched by 500 angry 2+2ers***

Cleveland Guy
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
72nd out of 300 is not bad for your first MTT.

T800 isn't a lot of starting chips, and you have to play tight the whole time, so I wouldn't loosen up too much in the beginging.

I'm gonna guess blinds were at 150/300 when you pushed, they seem to have been going up kinda quickly if your only 1 hour in.

That plus the small starting amount, makes this kinda a crap shoot. if BB=300, and there are 72 people left, each starting with 800 average stack is already down to just about 10xbb - which makes this pretty much a crap shoot.

With your hand in question, I'm gonna guess the UTG had you covered. Pusing with QTs from late is good only if there are no limpers, or your read is that the limpers will fold. Was he the only limper? How big was this limpers stack? others?

Also - I know you are worried blinds are going up, but you are about to be on the button. So that's about 9 more hands before you will have to post a blind. That's 9 chances to catch a better hand that QTs, or to steal blinds by being first in the pot.

But as I said - first big tourney 72 out of 300 isn't all that bad.