PDA

View Full Version : 88 party 2-4 hand

Victor
11-04-2004, 02:57 PM
a really great table. a bunch of loosie fishies and my notes for the button say "any 2 super laggo"

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> At a tighter table I would raise but I did not feel I would thin the field at this table. Good or bad? </font>

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Button is lag so he will bet anything here. </font>

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> I like the nine. I am gone if raised tho. </font>

River: (10.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Thin value bet or no? </font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

IndieMatty
11-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Perfect hand.

spamuell
11-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Just how LAGgro was the button?

It would be sweet to check-raise him on the turn as well, and if one of the blinds check-raised him before the action got back to you, you could fold.

You didn't do anything wrong, though.

Jonny Melon
11-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Looks good to me. As for river value bet, I think you are safely not against a 9, an overpair, or a set, and a smaller 2-pair is counterfeited. No reason to think the T hit anyone, so I like the value bet.

This is one of those interesting hands where the overcard pairing on the turn actually helps your hand. I have a peculiar fascination with these hands, and I don't know why....

Jon

Victor
11-04-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be sweet to check-raise him on the turn as well, and if one of the blinds check-raised him before the action got back to you, you could fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooooohhhhh......yea, I might like that line better and have used it before to save a bet since I would not be the one getting checkraised by the blinds and make a few extra bets by the drawing blinds.

The risk of course, is that it gets checked thru. I am absolutely positive the lag has no 9 because it would have gone 3 bets on the flop then. The thing is, if he has a pair he will bet the turn. But anything else and he will check. And, due to the flop action he could have anything from 10high, str draw, or a pair (lower than 9). So, I think with that range of hands betting is better here because I collect bets from the lag and the 2 callers who have either a straight draw or overcards also. So, I guess I am back to betting.

spamuell
11-04-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The risk of course, is that it gets checked thru. I am absolutely positive the lag has no 9 because it would have gone 3 bets on the flop then. The thing is, if he has a pair he will bet the turn. But anything else and he will check. And, due to the flop action he could have anything from 10high, str draw, or a pair (lower than 9). So, I think with that range of hands betting is better here because I collect bets from the lag and the 2 callers who have either a straight draw or overcards also. So, I guess I am back to betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. It's just if he's one of those super-aggro bet almost every single time he's checked to LAGs then this would be sweet. But as you describe him, I agree that betting is preferable.