PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Omaha 8 question

12-21-2001, 12:07 PM
I'd like to hear opinions on how A2 should be played pre-flop, namely:

Should you limp/raise with any A2 in early position, or should an A972 rainbow be folded UTG?

How good must an A2 be to raise from early position? Should you even raise good A2-hands from early position? (Or should you normally just raise high-potential hands like AAQJ single suited and such?). What about late position, what A2's could be worth a raise then (both when facing several limpers, one limper and unopened pots).

How good should A2 be if it's raised before it gets to me pre-flop? Suppose raised by a truly solid player, after one limper and then someone cold-calls the two bets before it gets to me.

lars

12-21-2001, 12:49 PM
A972 is not much of a hand

since high hand is seldom in a tie, I lean in that direction.....ace,face,face(with 2 suited) AND a 2 or 3 to go with the An as insurance for when they flop all small cards

not to say that there are not good strong low hands which are also worth calling a preflop raise. who could resist an A234??

you may note that I said CALL a preflop raise...for me to make such a raise it must be very strong hand and in late position. I would rather be aggressive AFTER I see the flop

01-03-2002, 09:19 PM
the thing about Omaha split is everyone is on a draw therefore with a raggy A2 under the gun you should just call hoping to attract other callers-if it's the type of game where everyone will call

your raise it's fine to go ahead and raise it but the fact of the matter is most games(in Las Vegas

anyway) aren't like that and with a nut low draw you want everone in the pot! In late position I'd raise a raggy A2 if there's some limpers. The point is you want to get full value from your nut low draw.

01-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Hello,Player!

You will need many players in --just in case you make the nut low and it's quartered!

Sitting Bull