PDA

View Full Version : the semi-bluff a good play here?

joao_,martins
11-04-2004, 01:33 PM
So im playing a pokerstars 50+5 multi.
I'm at 2300 with the blinds 50-100.
I'm BB.
Everyone folds to CO who doubles the blinds ( CO is a weak player who always opens up pots for a raise and only for double ). SB calls and i call with 7s5s.
Flop 10s9s4h.
SB checks
I check ( should i have bet there, maybe ? )
CO bets 300 ( pot now 900 )
SB folds
I think about the semi-bluff check raise but just call.
The turn is an 8d ( 10s9s4h8d )
I still check ( i really think i should have bet here )
CO bets 500.
I semi-bluff check raise here for my remaining 1900.
I get called. CO has K-10.
Nothing comes on the river i lose.
How would you guys have played that hand?

adanthar
11-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I might be weak tight but a good chunk of the time I just fold preflop.

If you're going to play this flop, an all in CR might be best but this guy might just call you with overcards. Eh...tough, but since he gives you the implied odds to call, go for it.

The problem is his turn bet, which indicates he has something and will likely call a raise. I don't think you want to bet the turn here but I do think that once he bets you can't CR.

I don't know, it's tough so I just fold PF /images/graemlins/confused.gif

joao_,martins
11-04-2004, 03:05 PM
my thinking pre-flop with this weak player is that my equitty if i hit here was high enough to call just 100 more. i knew that if he anything and i made either a flush or straight id get paid off all the way. but i guess i did get too caught up with trying to get paid off after that flop, and after the turn hit i thought i had just way too many outs to fold... but i do think that was a bad play there.
i think i should have check-raised the flop and if he called check to him on the turn and hope to get a free card and if he did bet i could easily fold.
do you agree?

srblan
11-04-2004, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
( CO is a weak player who always opens up pots for a raise and only for double ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing that you are up against a weak player, you can safely assume that a semi-bluff probably won't work, because he is probably incapable of getting away from any type of hand. If he is weak-tight, then you might be able to move him off of the hand, but I don't think I'd try a bluff here.