PDA

View Full Version : Turn makes my straight but possible flush

prrthd
11-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Should I be afraid of the flush here? I'm feeling passive recently after the flop and my stats are showing it. The turn card was what I was hoping for but it also completed a flush. When I was re-raised on the turn was the call down the right thing to do?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

PokerIsLife
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I think you have more to worry about with the board pairing then with the flush card. I think a call down was fine here. Unless the guy was a nut, he will fold to a raise on the river if he was bluffing anyways.

Entity
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Anyone else question the preflop call? Flop, turn, and river seem fine. I'd need a read before I could cap here.

Rob

davelin
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else question the preflop call? Flop, turn, and river seem fine. I'd need a read before I could cap here.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. BB betting out the flop doesn't look like he's on a flush draw, but a read would be helpful. I think calling down is fine.

prrthd
11-04-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you basing this on the fact that there was only one caller before me PF?

Entity
11-04-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you basing this on the fact that there was only one caller before me PF?

[/ QUOTE ]
And the fact that you're in MP2. I don't like suited one gappers much; I think it's easier preflop if you've got two limpers or are a little later in position. That said, it isn't horrible, just a little loose.

Rob

Yads
11-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I agree unless this is a super loose table, dump that junk pre flop in MP2. So far you have 1 caller, plus maybe both of the blinds.

prrthd
11-04-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And the fact that you're in MP2. I don't like suited one gappers much; I think it's easier preflop if you've got two limpers or are a little later in position. That said, it isn't horrible, just a little loose.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of funny since I started playing J9 suited based on the starting hand chart of SSH. It is also a winning hand for me in poker tracker.

DMBFan23
11-04-2004, 02:01 PM
I'd call this in .5/1, but in my very limited experience this might be too loose for 1/2 full ring.

prrthd
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM
BB turns over K9 of hearts and MHIG.

Entity
11-04-2004, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of funny since I started playing J9 suited based on the starting hand chart of SSH. It is also a winning hand for me in poker tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
64s is an inredibly good hand for me in PokerTracker, but I don't play it in EP. Like I said, it isn't terrible, but I think it's a little loose -- much easier when you have two callers here. If MP3 or CO raises and the field is thinned, I'm not a happy camper.

That said, preflop decisions are very marginally -EV if they are EV for hands like this (in situations like this), or very marginally +EV. It doesn't make a huge difference, but I'd like the call more in the CO or (definitely) on the button. In $1/2 you won't be able to make this call very often, from my experience.

Rob

prrthd
11-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I will keep this in mind since I am just starting out in 1/2. I tightened up when I moved to 1/2 but maybe not quite enough.

Thanks for the explanation.