PDA

View Full Version : TT - Paired Flop?

digdeep
11-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Was my Flop raise poor? Should I have folded the flop? Turn fold good?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Fat Nicky
11-04-2004, 12:53 PM
I like your raise on the flop.

On the turn, considering that SB 3-bet PF, then led out on the turn after you raised his flop bet, I don't think folding was something that you lose sleep over.

A read on SB would have been helpful.

balkii
11-04-2004, 02:19 PM
the flop raise is pretty pointless unless you think hes leading into you with a hand that has many outs to beat you but he will fold to a raise. so that makes what QJ? probably wouldnt even fold that, definitely not AJ/AQ.

call the flop

from there either call down, or consider raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet, although I'm not sure how much i like that line here. i'd only pull that if you had good control over him though. i've pulled too many free showdown plays lately only to get bet into again on the river.

colgin
11-04-2004, 03:18 PM
I think the likely range of "three-bet out of the small blinds" hands here have you crushed on the flop much more often than the other way around. Raising the flop here doesn't do much for you here because it does not help against any of those hands but may cause hands that you have crushed (like 99 or 88) to fold. I guess you might get hands like AQ, AJ, AT or QJ suited to fold but I would probably just call this down.

When SB bets into you again on the turn I think you are toast. I am surprised that your opponent chose a stop-and-go here rather than trying for a checkraise, but I think you are way behind regardless. Fold.