PDA

View Full Version : If you don't bet, they can't fold.

Grisgra
11-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Still kicking myself over this one, but I'm not sure I should. That is, do I bet the turn, or no?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks.

River: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between Hero, BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: BB (5.75 BB), UTG (5.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kd Ac (one pair, kings).
BB has 3s Ks (two pair, kings and threes).
UTG has Kh 3h (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 5.75 BB. UTG wins 5.75 BB. </font>

spider
11-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Don't be results oriented! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks OK to me. A queen probably raises flop unless they are passive, but also might wait and raise turn as long as it is not a K or A.

It's unlikely they both have flush draws, so probably one or both has a 3 or 7. Question is would they call a flop bet with these but fold to a turn bet?

Easy bet if they do, but I think you'll often be called down with a weak pair here and get raised by a queen. I check fold turn.

wheelz
11-04-2004, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't bet the turn. It depends on the players, but if more than one player calls on a raggedy flop like that, then a seemingly useless card like that 9 hits the turn, it's usually too hard to get both of them to fold when you bet again.

Especially if you're really playing aggressively, usually at least one of them likes to play sherriff.

tempest7178
11-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Surprisingly, I have found that people who like calling pf with any suited tend to call the flop with any pair. These same people tend to also call the turn with any pair, in hopes of improving, and at the river, if they don't improve, figure the pot is too big to lay down, so they pay off the river as well.