PDA

View Full Version : Doc AZ please write a book!

12-17-2001, 11:21 PM
Every serious stud player should admit that Doc AZ' analysis are very accurate.

There also are many posters here such as Mr. Peterson, Larry, Pat di Caprio, just to give some poster examples (sorry for the other posters no mentioned) that might very well write some stud situations.

Believe me, your posts are very very good, you raise any player thinking about many very difficult 7.stud situations.

I believe you have to put these suggestions in a book, whether Mason and 2+2 don't want to put your forum answers in a book.

Aside Sklansky and Mason book, there are no many works about stud strategy as I could have seen in this forum.

-How to play 3rd street and 4th street situations would be a good issue (as I could see in your past posts)

Marco

12-18-2001, 02:53 PM
Dear Marco,

Thank you for the nice complement.

I have been a student all of my life. And one thing that I am certain of is that, as students we never could come close to achieving what ever we do, without the knowledge that we gained from our teachers.

When I previously posted that, "I have read or listened to Dave's,Mason's,Ray's and several of our other Poker authors works a dozen times each" I meant that literally.

The truth is that their opinions have become so ingrained into both my conscious and subconscious minds, that I have a hard time separating their opinions from my own.

I didn't start playing poker until late in my career. And if I hadn't been blessed to have had the excellent published materials available that we have now, not only could I not have become a good player, I sincerely doubt that I could have even become a winning player.

The day may come when I do write a book about poker. If I do, it would be my way of saying thank you to the game that has brought me so much pleasure.

("not another story?") ("just a short one")

One day I was sharing with my philosophy professor, about how pleased I was to have gotten a superior grade in his class.

"How could you have anticipated any thing else, when you were blessed to have been taught by the best?" He quite honestly responded.

As modern students of Poker,"we have been blessed to have been taught by the best."

Thank you again for your kind complement.

Most sincerely,

Doc AZ

12-18-2001, 06:53 PM
Thank you to Marco from me as well.

Unlike Doc, I have actually never read a book on stud (except for stud hilo in Ray's book) so my opinions are more or less a product of my superior intellect. LOL.

But I must agree with you that the ideas put forth in this forum are often excellent, and it is very helpful to get different peoples views of the game.

I myself am a very largely self taught player, particularly in Stud games. 18 months ago i had never played poker (except draw and that's not for money), and hadn't done it for anything more than $1/$2 until about 8 months ago. Now I am supporting myself through University, paying my rent and food etc. totally through poker, while building a bankroll at the same time.

I owe a lot of this rapid success to the ideas on this forum, and a strong desire to better my game (much stronger than the desire to finish my thesis unfortunately). So thank's to all contributers, and the very best for Xmas and the New Year.

And if anyone feels like making a New Years resolution, aim to improve your emotional control. Last night i got allin preflop with AA against AKo and lost when 2 kings came. 6 months ago this would have put me on tilt, but now i simply rebought, and won my money back 3 times over.

12-19-2001, 07:45 PM
Ok, my opinion about you (and your good past posts) has raised more reading these answers.

Probably I was striked by your logical thoughts, calm analysis of what can happens in a stud hand.

My best wishes for a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, of course.

Marco

12-20-2001, 05:16 AM
Hello,Marco,

I'm still scratching my head about many situations in stud that I can't contribute any more than what I've already seen either in some book or this forum.

The biggest contributor in this forum is Dr. AZ.

If he decides to write a book,it will definitely

be my POKER BIBLE!

It's rather obvious to me that Dr. AZ is some sort of 7-card stud prodigy!

Sitting Bull

12-20-2001, 06:01 AM
Hello,Doc,

In one of my posts,I proposed the following question: Whom would one rather play with--a group of philosophers,a table of mathematicians,or a group of psychologists?

I chose the mathematicians. My LAST choice was the philosophers!

Your excellent grade in philosophy provides some evidence that my guess was correct.

A famous scientist said that if he contributed to mankind,the reason is that he "stood on the shoulders of giants".

Sitting Bull

12-20-2001, 06:20 AM
Hello,Mr. Peterson,

What is your major? I would guess mathematics or computer Science.

There was another poker wizard named Stu Ungar who probably did very little reading and preparation;nontheless,he was an unusally skillful

player. Other highly skillful players who probably did very little poker reading are Amarillo Slim and T.J Cloutier.

Steve Badger recently wrote an interesting article about good players playing poorly after experiencing several bad beats.

Roy West said that to make a living playing poker,one must "love it next to breathing".

Sitting Bull

Ps Thank God there aren't any poker players like you where I play! I would go home crying every night!

12-20-2001, 09:45 PM
Not even close. Masters in Pharmacology.