PDA

View Full Version : Played TT badly?

beginner
11-04-2004, 12:05 PM
My play here is questionable... I am cautious of CO though, because the few previous hands against him taught me to respect his raises...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, MP2 calls.

On the turn I don't like that there are 4 people still in after my flop bet, but now that I look back on it I should probably have raised. Is this right?

River: (10.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River, now makes me really nervous because MP2 suddenly thinks he's ahead when the spade flush or straight card drops.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

Col Klink
11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
If you are going to call the hand down, then raise the turn and take a free showdown. If your turn bet gets three bet, then you can fold. By raising the turn, some overcards might fold and save the pot for you if one of them hits on the river.

I think this hand is supposed to be in the micro forum.

beginner
11-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Don't know... I 4-table from $.50/$1 to $3/$6 depending on how much concentration I can devote to the games at the time and where I can find the best tables... I usually read small stakes forum so I posted here...

I do agree with the turn raise here, I realized this was a mistake immediately after I clicked the call button. Thanks for your response.