PDA

View Full Version : Best tournament stat program?

DrPhysic
11-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Ok, It's time for the ol' Doc to start doing some proper record keeping. I have all my hand histories for the last three months. I have read some of the threads here and on books/software.

I have posted this here and on 1TTF rather than books/software because I specifically am looking for a tournament/SNG answer.

I used Poker Tracker's free version for a while early in the year. As advertized (by comments here and elsewhere), I was not terribly impressed by the application to SNGs or tournaments. I am aware that there are other options such as Poker Stat, and Stat King but know little about them. Possibly PT is the best answer, or it may be one I don’t even know about.

I need a program that:
1. Supports both Party and Stars
2. Will automatically incorporate my e-mail hand histories and tournament histories into it's database.
3. Provides me with stats useful for SNG and Tournament play.
4. Provides data on how I have done with specific starting hands, preflop vs post flop, agressiveness, results vs specific players, etc. Info that would help improve my game.

I probably don't know the right questions to ask here, as I know relatively little about these programs.

What do you guys recommend? Have we reached a concensus as to what is the best software for SNG and tournament players?

TIA

Doc