PDA

View Full Version : First post - part 2

DaNe
11-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi all,

A few more hands to look at. I'm sorry if bunching hands together like this is not the normal thing to do here. Anyway thanks in advance for your comments.

Hand 1

Raise this preflop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed)

UTG ($28.85)
UTG+1 ($22.40)
MP1 ($23.30)
Hero ($42.55)
MP3 ($45.70)
CO ($23.50)
Button ($14.25)
SB ($4.65)
BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.25, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to $4.4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.65.

Turn: ($9.80) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: ($9.80) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $9.80

hand 2

Another Ax, am really not sure about these sorts of hands. What do you all think?

UTG+1 ($28.85)
MP1 ($22.40)
MP2 ($23.30)
Hero ($31.25)
CO ($45.70)
Button ($23.75)
SB ($18.25)
BB ($12.65)
UTG ($22.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.50, Button folds, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($5.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

River: ($9.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.

Final Pot: $20.25

hand 3

Should i fold this on the flop. Who trys a river bluff, if so how much?

BB ($29.65)
Hero ($23.40)
UTG+1 ($24.75)
MP1 ($3.85)
MP2 ($1.65)
MP3 ($16.70)
CO ($10.15)
Button ($14.70)
SB ($19.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.35) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($6.35) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($6.35) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $6.35

hand 4

Should i be calling this with two players in?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed)

CO ($8.80)
Button ($14.10)
SB ($8.05)
BB ($13.90)
UTG ($4.60)
UTG+1 ($31.60)
Hero ($24.75)
MP2 ($5.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $5.5</font>, Button folds, BB calls $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($17.60) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($17.60) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $18.60

mister_x
11-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Hand 1: raise preflop and bet (pot) the flop, fold if raised
Hand 2: raise preflop, fold after flop (maybe raise)
Hand 3: call (maybe fold), fold, fold
Hand 4: fold preflop

You're definitely too loose, you're a loser in the long run if you play these hands

buzzy_spears
11-04-2004, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're a loser in the long run if you play these hands

[/ QUOTE ]

...or in the short run. I recently made the switch from limit and the results were disastrous. It is taking a lot of careful play to drag myself results out of the hole I fell into playing like a limit player (which apparently I'm good at).

When these guys tell you to throw out the broadway cards out-of-position, don't even think about it. Just do it. They know what they're talking about.

--Buzz

schwza
11-04-2004, 12:30 PM
hand 1: i would raise here. being the first person into the pot with a raise is nice. you can pick up the blinds, and no one knows if you have AA or a more marginal hand like AJs.

it's tough to know what to with the c/r-push. this is another reason raising pre-flop is good - it helps you narrow down what hands villain could be holding. although this is a bit of cop out, i'd say it's read-dependent. in this case, i'd unhappily call and hope to see a smaller ace. the fact that there are two /images/graemlins/heart.gif's on the flop means this could be a semi-bluff with a flush draw.

hand 3: i would definitely raise this pre-flop. after the BB raises, i'd fold unless i knew something about him. in general, limping and then calling a raise with a hand other than a pocket pair is rarely a good idea. it's just too ugly to go up against AK and flop an A or against AA/KK and flop a Q.

the flop is call is bad - probably the worst play you posted. the problem is that even if you do hit an overcard, you could still be way behind. if you believe that no one has a 5 (or a good T), then bluff-raise now. but after a bet and a call, i'd fold.

the turn call is fine - this is a spot where you're happy to get to a cheap showdown, and the bet's small, so you can call it.

i would've raised a touch more on the river. it looks like one (or both) have a 5, and they have no reason to believe you have a Q.

hand 3: limp-fold pre-flop. limp-call is a fast way to lose a lot of money. fold the flop. you have only 3 outs to the nuts (one of your straight cards makes a flush possible), so the bet is too big to call.

i would bluff the river here. villain has represented big cards with the pre-flop raise, and we know the a /images/graemlins/spade.gifq /images/graemlins/spade.gifj /images/graemlins/spade.gif are all gone. it's pretty unlikely that he has the k /images/graemlins/spade.gif or t /images/graemlins/spade.gif just based on the number of different cards he could have here, and he can't call your bet (unless he's horrible) with his pair of aces. i'd bet about $5 into the $6 pot.

hand 4: i'd call the first $1 on the flop but fold to the raise. first, there's a flush draw out, so you have 6 outs to the nuts instead fo 8. second, if a 7 hits, the board will be 6789. nobody without a T (or maybe a 5) will give you action. (on the plus side, if somebody does hold a T, you'll stack them for sure). so really the only cards that you want to see are a non-heart Q. i'd get out.

Zag
11-04-2004, 12:52 PM
1. tough hand out of position, but I would have played it exactly the same way. I think this may be a leak in my game, though.

2. Raise preflop, trying to buy the button. Fold the flop to a bet and a call. Even if you are ahead of the bettor, you aren't ahead of them both.

3. Fold this out of position preflop. Fold the gutshot on the flop, especially since you might be drawing to only 3 cards. Since you made it to the river, it would be a terrible time to bluff. All the tiny flushes will call (at a much higher game, where they would fold an 8s, you might consider it).

Nothing you beat will call. Almost nothing that beats you would fold. The perfect time NOT to bluff.

4. Unlike the earlier TJ hand (in the other post) you are out of position and there is still plenty of chance for a raise behind you. Fold preflop. On the flop, the raiser is all in, so he offers no implied odds, but with the other person in, this is a marginal call, but not awful.

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Hands 1, 2 &amp; 3 -- I would raise pre-flop. In each hand you are the first one into the pot and you need to make a standard raise (which is the same raise you would also make if you had AA, KK or AK)

Hand 4 is tougher -- since no one is in the pot yet, I would lean towards folding but I might raise. It is not a great hand out of position.

cockandbull
11-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Hand 1 - i fold preflop. Once you've called i play the same. SB doesnt have a big stack, so he probably has Ax or a flush draw.

hand 2 - Again raise preflop. With regards to the way you've played this, i'd push the river. One if not both have a 5, so the likely hood is that at least one will call.

hand 3 - I call this preflop vs button raise. I'd then lead the flop and go from there. With the way you played it, i wouldnt call the flop bet, and wouldn't try to bluff the river.

Hand 4 - fold preflop, if it's suited i play. One the flop, i'd play it the same. Probably wouldnt call the allin, unless you can be sure bb will stack you off if you hit and hehad maybe another $20.