PDA

View Full Version : Set of 4's Post flop play

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

toss
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Definitely bet the flop. I think they're more likely to pay you on the flop then on the turn.

Marquis
11-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Why didn't you bet the flop?

Entity
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
He didn't bet the flop because he was in the best position for a checkraise to build the pot. If villain has an overpair hero makes a bundle by taking this line. Unfortunately, villain probably had a weak high card hand (AT or KJ or something) or was just weak-tight postflop.

If I have a read that villain is weak postflop, I'm doing the betting here. If I know he's standard, I'd probably take your line, and curse when he checked behind.

Rob

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

My read on the PFR was, he's like me. Good, solid player. I figured he'd bet this flop about 80% of the time. Any over pair, or AK with a flush draw, or back door flush draw. If he had overcards with no flush draws, he'd check.

I figured if I bet, he'd raise any overpair to the board, and maybe even overcards with backdoor draws. I didn't want to push out the remaining players, I wanted to trap them. Bastard checked /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He didn't bet the flop because he was in the best position for a checkraise to build the pot. If villain has an overpair hero makes a bundle by taking this line. Unfortunately, villain probably had a weak high card hand (AT or KJ or something) or was just weak-tight postflop.

If I have a read that villain is weak postflop, I'm doing the betting here. If I know he's standard, I'd probably take your line, and curse when he checked behind.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop. Hero whiffs /images/graemlins/smile.gif