PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

MarkL444
11-04-2004, 11:04 AM
I have in my hand my copy of halo 2. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
But now I gotta go to class. Ill let you know how good it is later.

BusterStacks
11-04-2004, 03:31 PM
WTF ITS OUT?!

MarkL444
11-04-2004, 03:31 PM
comes out tuesday, my friend got it for me somehow.

ThaSaltCracka
11-04-2004, 03:34 PM
there are apparently a lot of leaked copies out somehow. I know people that have had it for almost two weeks.

wacki
11-04-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are apparently a lot of leaked copies out somehow. I know people that have had it for almost two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know tons of people that get games or movies before they get released. WTF is up with that?

ThaSaltCracka
11-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I have no idea, but they could know people who work for certain game/movie outlets. I know some people will sell games early to people they know, some of it might even be under the counter /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

wacki
11-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Ya, that's my guess to. I know some guys from overseas (Korea, India, Thailand, etc.) that bring stuff back as well. Some of them get stuff mailed to them in bulk.

MarkL444
11-04-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know tons of people that get games or movies before they get released. WTF is up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

They got it from meijers.

MarkL444
11-05-2004, 04:24 AM
man the pistol [censored] sucks now

Lawrence Ng
11-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Pirater.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MarkL444
11-05-2004, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pirater.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I a pirater? I Paid my 50 bucks. Its not my fault the people at meijers didnt see the sticker saying do not sell till 11/9.

scrub
11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Best Avatar ever.

I am jealous I didn't think of it first.

scrub

MarkL444
11-05-2004, 11:34 AM
For those of you who are interested, Ill share a few of my thoughts of the game so far.

THe single player is definately better, it has some really cool cutscenes and whatnot that make it pretty interesting. I dont really pay attention to the storyline that much, but it seems like it might be interesting. (I was doing this co-op the whole time..)

The graphics and controls are much better. Jumping seems better.

You can hold two guns at once, which is really sweet with the right guns, but cant throw grenades when doing it.

As the single player storyline progresses, you switch back and forth between being the regular halo guy (mastercheif) and the covenant. THe covenant is not as cool as youd think.

The new weapons, overall, are disappointing. The pistol was my favorite weapon in the fist game, but now it seems much weaker and doesnt even zoom. The higher weapons havent impressed me yet. There is however a blade that you can use (I guess its like the blade the invisible guys had). This blade just wrecks people. You can do sweet lunging attacks and stuff. It def going to be a big factor in multiplayer. THe shotgun is also going to rule multiplayer.

I logged onto the Xbox live to check it out, and there was one thing that suprised me. Apparently, if you want to play online with 4 people from the same box, they all have to have their own xbox live account. Im not sure about this yet, but thats what it looks like. However, supposedly there are tons of stats that it keeps track of for you. It also looks like you can make clans or something of up to 100 people. I did not actually play a game so I cant comment on that.

The music and sound effects are all pretty sweet.

Overall I gotta say I expected maybe a little better. The multiplayer looks insanely promising, especially the way you could play 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 or something.

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask.

lu_hawk
11-05-2004, 02:20 PM
I played multiplayer of this a couple weeks ago with some guy that lives upstairs from me and his friends. He said he was able to get it from USENET somehow and that you needed a hacked Xbox to run it. The multiplayer was really very similar to the first one. Of course there were new weapons, new maps, and the graphics have gotten better but the gameplay is very similar. I didn't play single player. I am sure it is a good game and I will buy it but overall I think it will end up being a slightly better game than Halo, which is fine considering how groundbreaking Halo was at the time.

lu_hawk
11-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah the pistol was my favorite weapon in Halo 1, but now you can't zoom with it in the same way.