PDA

View Full Version : Raise the turn?

chucksim
11-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Read on CO is extremely loose, but otherwise, table is insanely tight for 1-2. I raised pre-flop to try to isolate CO.

With both of these players doing my betting for me the whole way, I figured I was getting paid off by one or both on the end. In retrospect, hitting it on the turn may have gotten me more. Should I raise the turn here instead of waiting?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

CWsports
11-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I'd definitely raise the turn. With the 2 opps already putting in 1 and 2 bets respectively there's a good chance both will stay

Entity
11-04-2004, 11:37 AM
No need to justify the preflop raise. 99 is a pretty standard raise for me, especially from the Button or LP. You've got to 3-bet this turn, though. If they've got a bare club they're drawing dead, but they'll pay through the nose to do it. They won't call on the river when they don't hit, though.

Rob

davelin
11-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Raise the turn. As Entity said, lone clubs (and perhaps overzealous gutshot draws) are calling on the turn and not calling on the river.

cjromero
11-04-2004, 12:18 PM
3-bet the turn. With a bet and a raise in front of you, they will certainly as least call. One of them may have hit the flush on the turn and do you a favor by capping.

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 12:21 PM
This hand doesn't happen often enough to worry about. Figure out what leaks you have and analyze those hands